News   Oct 18, 2024
 217     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 406     2 
News   Oct 17, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Town Inn Walkup Condos (620 Church @ Charles, 2x 3s, Gary Stein/CGL Architects)

I like the idea too however I just came from picking up a few things from Loblaws and observed that area. There are more than my earlier guess of a dozen trees, there are probably close to two dozen in a raised garden which I doubt would ever be allowed to be chopped down. It's also a raised area which causes another problem as I believe that massive underground parking garage extends to the end of the property line there. There really isn't as much space as you might think between the sidewalk and that co-ops front door either. Good thoughts though.

Not if you're a resident of the Apt-bldg attached. Peace out, Amenities (and parkette, and a cozy 'village'-feel in the, errr, Village).

Not a fan of what developers are doing in the Village currently.

Time for the Villagers to realize they don't don't live in a village.

I'm glad to see this happening at this corner. The places where the additions will be going are currently architecturally dead spaces that have never been helpful to the street.
It's good to see that someone cares about these details, too. This isn't a big project by any means, but it's significant by not being so, IMO.

towninnb.jpg

towninna.jpg

Got it, thank you!
I hate to drone on about it but one level of retail facing Church St. for restaurants or something would have been a really smart idea for this mostly residential stretch, then two levels of residences above.

Is Context the developer?

The last info. I have is that the applicant is Bousfields Inc., Owner - Mohican Holdings & Architect is Quadrangle Architects

So, this thread's been a little quiet. Documents were filed with the City in the Fall of 2015, and then were updated in the Fall of 2016. Architects are Gary Stein and CGL. The two building would replace the podium at the south end of the Town Inn, and the lawn to the west of it. This looks southwest, without and with the existing tower in the way:

620ChurchCxtSW1280.jpg

1 commercial unit fronting Church Street.

Attachments

• 620ChurchCxtSW1280.jpg
    620ChurchCxtSW1280.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 350

Back