News   Oct 18, 2024
 216     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 406     2 
News   Oct 17, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Town Inn Walkup Condos (620 Church @ Charles, 2x 3s, Gary Stein/CGL Architects)

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is for two 3 storey walk-ups that will wrap around the hotel at Church & Charles. I believe the podium including the swimming pool will be removed to accomodate the new buildings. This will go right next to the new development at 66 Isabella. I'll get a pic of the development app. when I can but the image below should give you an idea.

Capturecc.JPG

A little intensification is usually a good thing

Not if you're a resident of the Apt-bldg attached. Peace out, Amenities (and parkette, and a cozy 'village'-feel in the, errr, Village).

Not a fan of what developers are doing in the Village currently.

It's not an apartment building it's the Town Inn Suites, a hotel. The matching building to the south-west is a rental building (66 Isabella) where the addition is happening in the green-space at the corner of Isabella & Church that people are freaking out about.

This is going to happen to all those towers in the park across Toronto.

i was walking on Church St just north of the new Loblaw's and was thinking the apt block b/t Wood and Alexander could bump out the main floor to the street and just have the parking at the back of the building.
that way, it would liven the area abit with retail/commercial/offices since some of the main floor of the current building is already used as business.

i was walking on Church St just north of the new Loblaw's and was thinking the apt block b/t Wood and Alexander could bump out the main floor to the street and just have the parking at the back of the building.
that way, it would liven the area abit with retail/commercial/offices since some of the main floor of the current building is already used as business.

City Park Co-ops. between Wood & Alexander? If that's what you are referring to I've often thought the same, however they have amazing landscaping and about a dozen mature rose trees along the sidewalk which would be a real shame to lose.
I've also thought that on the opposite side of the street the city needs to cut about two feet away from the Church Street Public school playground (a negligible amount of space for the size of the playground) to widen the sidewalk between "Hair of the Dog" & Alexander Street. With the trees along there it's a very tight walking space when it's busy throughout the day and at night.

City Park Co-ops. between Wood & Alexander? If that's what you are referring to I've often thought the same, however they have amazing landscaping and about a dozen mature rose trees along the sidewalk which would be a real shame to lose.

yes, that's the building i think. if the trees are near the sidewalk, building 10 ft less would still work.
IIRC, there's probably 25-30 ft deep for the parking b4 the trees and sidewalk, so that's a sizeable area if it's built the full length of the apt/street and 2 storeys since the building is higher than street level.

back to the TOwn Inn site ... if this is for TH's, will they be long term rentals and not hotels ?

^ Yeah I know but I didn't put it there. When I started the thread I named it Church & Charles (2 X 3s) and somewhere along the line it got changed, by the web goblins I guess.

Last edited:

I think a one story retail podium would work quite nicely. Even better, they could have a 2 storey podium, where the first floor (the retail floor) gets extended out to the Church street sidewalk, and the second floor would be "premium" residential suites that extend the existing second floor suites more and gives them a huge terrace.

Another option is that the retail floor is set back a little from the sidewalk and the space between the building edge and the sidewalk gets turned into patio space for cafes.

There are many ways to use this space, and the existing parking lot seems to be the worst way.

^^ It is quite a waste of space as it is. I agree, it should be lined with retail. I have always wondered why it was so badly developed.

Back