News   May 03, 2024
 664     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 430     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 224     0 

Toronto's Ugliest Building

Though technically not part of Toronto, being on Bathurst north of Steeles, this building might take the prize:

bathurst.jpg

^^^ that is pretty serious. What makes it remarkable is that you can tell that actual thought was put into making it look like that. They can't just say it was an accident.

^^^ that is pretty serious. What makes it remarkable is that you can tell that actual thought was put into making it look like that. They can't just say it was an accident.

I suppose it's the modern-day version of the SW Bloor-Dundas corner...

Robarts Library is beautiful! The more time I spend in it the more I seem to develop a reverence for its beautiful austerity. You want to see ugly? Check out the database for Phase II of it's redevelopment.

Robarts Library is beautiful! The more time I spend in it the more I seem to develop a reverence for its beautiful austerity.

Really? The more time I spend OUTSIDE Robarts, the more I like it. The more time I spend INSIDE, the more I hate the world and everyone in it. I would rather cross campus to get a book from the John M. Kelly Library than venture into that horrible place.

Isn't Robards designed in the shape of a bird (Peacock or Swan etc)? If you look at it from an angle, you can see the neck shape and plummage.

At least that's what a U of T grad student told me.

[URL="http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/17663-Toronto-South-Detention-Centre-(132-Horner-Ave-MCSCS-Ellis-Don-8-s)]Whatever my own opinion, I think this building belongs in this thread.[/URL]

I'm halfway expecting a politically skewed offering of this in this thread.

7c2b8671467d979c807855aa0dac.jpeg

Kinda benign, in and of itself. But if you're one to over-read (and negatively, at that) the occupant into the house, well...

Though such inflammatory logic makes me think of a more legit entry in this thread, on all counts...

2249602846_6a4b285e39.jpg

Ernst Zundel's house.

Back