a couple of pics from facebook.

n579830584_2076253_8768.jpg

n579830584_2076250_7813.jpg

n579830584_2076234_6033.jpg

n579830584_2076235_6300.jpg

n579830584_2076237_6928.jpg

n579830584_2076233_5694.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9795926022

Thanks for posting the photos smucky, that looked like fun. I laughed at the girl reading "A Brief History of Pants" sans, pants. Sweet!

Thanks for posting the photos smucky, that looked like fun. I laughed at the girl reading "A Brief History of Pants" sans, pants. Sweet!

That was funny, and of course she's trying to maintain a straight face. I hope that guy sitting beside her didn't just bring that camera along as a prop. That would be a bit twisted.

Subway seats are contaminated with germs, barf, urin, spilled drinks, bacteria, and disease. Even when fully clothed I don't sit on the subway.

Subway seats are contaminated with germs, barf, urin, spilled drinks, bacteria, and disease. Even when fully clothed I don't sit on the subway.

They are cleaned regularly, so it's not that bad as you might fear. I'd have reservations with bare skin touching those seats, because after all they go through a lot during the day. The poles on the other hand I think are the worst part because everyone tends to hold on at some point. At rush hour when trains are packed I see people sneeze into their hand and then holding onto the pole. That's why I don't eat when riding on public transit.

After watching CityTV's Laura Dibattista go out and swab everything imaginable for germs over the years, I have no problems sitting on TTC seats or holding the poles (although I do always try to hold on to cold parts of the pole because I hate using things right after other people when they're still warm). Stressing out about avoiding germs will invariably make you more susceptible to them.

It's not so much the germs I'm worried about, it's the particles of god knows what that might be picked up on my clothes, such as feces, puke, food, bed bugs, or anything that comes in contact with homeless people that I don't like.

I do agree that exposure to germs makes our immune system stronger, which can only be a good thing. I also don't mind holding onto the pole so long as I wash my hands when I get home. I just don't want things that my clothes picked up on the subway rubbing off onto my couch or bed. Yuck!

I was including "particles of unmentionable things" when I said germs. If memory serves me correctly, Laura has found stuff like feces and flesh-eating disease on movie theatre seats.

Back