News   May 03, 2024
 596     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 287     0 

Toronto Zombie Race - Producer and Company needed

Arob

Member Bio
Reaction score
Want to help me produce the Toronto Zombie Race ?
I own the website TorontoZombieRace.com but haven't got a clue how to set up such a race , get permits, hire cops, secure insurance or any of that.. But I do have sponsors.
TO_Zombie_race_banner_zps0d7fda3c.jpg

And I have a great imagination, and I just KNOW this will be a fun and successful event; its a golden opportunity to raise money for charity and could become an annual affair. This is the proposed race course,
Toronto_Zombie_Race_course_zps39c18a80.jpg

I have some ideas on how I want the zombies to be , slightly immobilized but still a real threat - they can and will snatch 'life ribbons' from runners. Each ribbon is enumerated and these ribbon numbers WIN prizes when they'll called out over the loudspeaker at the end-of-the-day party.

There are three 5K races in one day. I want to donate a large amount to a local hospital but will work in whatever charity framework is presented by the more experienced race producers I'm seeking...

Hearngeneratingstation2_zpsf1c8b8cf.jpg

I want to run around the Richard L Hearn Generating Station at 55 Unwin Ave... which is OPG land? I believe, and as long as we don't go in the building, I think it's entirely possible. And in that barren and desolate landscape I'd like to have a mini scavenger hunt and sprinkle sponsor's products to be collected by the first human 'survivors' to pick them up.

This is a post zombie apocalypse survival story, and YOU are the star.

Its the ultimate Zombie scavenger hunt running race for best time and random draw race ticket prizes. Big Party on Cherry Beach on Saturday night, June 22nd. Shuttle bus to Union Station and Dundas Square all day long.

what else?

Make sure you include a time machine in your plans, because we've already had a zombie run in Toronto. Incidentally, that run featured more or less the exact same concept that you're describing.

http://www.runforyourlives.com/

You're probably also being incredibly ambitious to think you're going to go from a domain name to a full-out event in just over two months. Especially an event on city streets that's going to require all kinds of permits. And you also picked the same day as the Spartan, so a few thousand of the people most likely to come out to an event like have already registered for another event that's out of town. Maybe 2014

A few years ago during Nuit Blanche there was the filming of a movie called Zombies In Condoland which as far as I know was never actually released or displayed - the "filming" was the art piece.

It was a lot of fun - there were some professional make up artists available with both a make-up station and a costume station for the hundreds of people who showed up to participate although most of us made our own costumes in advance. There were several 'scenes' of the movie that were filmed, although there was nothing like a plot or lead actor.

10x4oxs.jpg

So anyway...Nuit Blanche might be a good opportunity for your Zombie Race; it's in October which gives you time to put forward a proposal and get it all set up; it takes place at night, which is prime time for a zombie infestation; and the Nuit Blanche organization would help with permits, advertising, and some of the basic logistics. You could still have the race part with points and life ribbons, but you might need to be flexible on the location, or make it more like a paintball game in a set space (eg Allan Gardens) with obstacles, safe areas, missions etc.

If this is something you're interested in, I'd be up for volunteering to help put together the concept and application to Nuit Blanche - but know in advance it will be a hell of a lot of work and take up considerable time as the event approaches. In fact it might already be too late for 2013, and the application would be for the event in 2014.

Back