Toronto ZEN King West | 103.02m | 31s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

26723-93260.jpg

...from CanAlfa Advancing New Liberty Village Residential Projects

MORE density? From the same sh*tty developer and architect?? And have I missed the announcement of radically ramped-up public transit for the area???

I drove into the city via the Gardiner the other day exiting via the Spadina off-ramp, a little bit of a detour I sometime treat myself with as I always enjoyed the view of entering the city centre this way. Sometimes in the past I would even take guests into the city this way from the airport to give them a fun little view of the city centre.

In sorry to say, I think I'm done with this. The crop of development over the last decade has in my opinion turned this area into one of the ugliest parts of the city. Liberty village is part of this problem but by no means the only culprit. This looks like more of the same.

I appreciate the development momentum, population densification, potential for more and more affordable housing options for people looking to live in the core of the city, and even the beefing up of the skyline, but I think I'll be exiting at Jameson for good now.

I hang out in LV quite often because there's some good bars there. But I will admit that the design and planning of majority of the newer buildings are awful. This development just continues that unfortunate trend.

Did the development get sold to Centrecourt? Does anyone know what is happening to the rental units that was originally proposed with this project at 39 east liberty street?

Sales Centre has been set up on King just east of Strachan. Saw lots of agents in there when I walked by yesterday.

May as well post the renders in the thread:
28423-98476.jpeg

28423-98493.jpeg

28642-99169.jpeg

yes, a restaurant on the corner of Strachan and East Liberty. Originally there wasn't any, but they later added it in.

The southwest corner will be a rental building. Zen Condos (northwest corner) will have an iQ restaurant on the ground floor at the corner facing the intersection (as shown in the renderings and in CentreCourt's marketing).

Back