Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Does anyone know if buyers were formally notified by Cresford of the project's status knowing that it will be on hold indefinitely?
The official website was recently taken down, it no longer works http://yslresidences.com/
Not a good sign.

Steve I'll grab the domain (@ $10.50) if you arrange the rest of the financing for the original KPF design.

It looks like they did actually renew the domain recently, they have it for another year until October 26, according to the ICANN lookup service. It is clear that they did not renew their webhosting though, which is the more important part. They're probably holding the domain until they can sell off the project.

ysldom.PNG

A pretty valuable piece of property to be left for too long. Like anything else, when the price is right, someone will buy it.
They said the same of 1 Bloor East and The Stump, but both sat empty for a while, even in somewhat good economies.

We should start guessing dates on when construction starts up again....

Similar to the wait we had for The One's permits to come in.

My guess is October 14th 2021

Yeah, that simply wouldn't work. We are obliged to play a waiting game. Eventually something else will happen. The location is too good for it to sit idle for more than a few years (although yeah, I remember the Stump, and that eyesore sat around for far longer than I had initially expected).

Yeah, that simply wouldn't work. We are obliged to play a waiting game. Eventually something else will happen. The location is too good for it to sit idle for more than a few years (although yeah, I remember the Stump, and that eyesore sat around for far longer than I had initially expected).

15 years an eyesore, to be exact.

Last edited:
Don't want to jinx the office proposals on the table, but of course the stump was commercial and YSL is for Living.
Yeah, but The Great Condo Selloff is currently on. The irony being that there’s probably more demand for office space this time around.

Yeah, but The Great Condo Selloff is currently on.

It's still a sellers market this fall (prices are up). Days on market is also still well below 2010 to 2015.

3 beds tend to be older buildings and have very high maintenance fees (it's why the prices are low).

If finished with concrete, the pit would make a pretty epic swimming pool.

As per @Towered 's request, I am submitting photos from January 25th, 2021 showing the testing of the swimming pool concept.

:p

This looks to be the deep end, so far. But it's not very deep, diving is not recommended!

1611622213772.png

To the North, we find the lazy river feature that leads to the pool: Notice how it comes with a beach area. Now if they just laid down slicked up tarp on the hill.........

Ya.....maybe not.

1611622305290.png

Last edited:

Back