Toronto Yonge & Rosehill | 172.3m | 50s | Originate | Moriyama Teshima Architects

A non-update here:

1678465491039.png

No insider info here; but I'm going to take a flyer that a re-submission may be coming here.

The recent hike asks may have sent people back to the drawing board.

Lots of silence on this one.

I'll add here that this area will be seeing some new taller proposals in the not to distant future.

A couple of signs of life for this project. First of all, equipment on site, which appears to be a geothermal drill rig, and secondly, steel beams suitable for shoring are stacked up along the eastern perimeter of the lot.

View attachment 465571

View attachment 465572

Shoring permit still listed as 'under review'; but plumbing and mechanical are 'Issuance Pending'.

Caught a bit of the modest action on site in my walk yesterday, April 10th, 2023:

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

Now what intrigues me here is this...........

No insider info here; but I'm going to take a flyer that a re-submission may be coming here.

I am satisfied that my above speculation was well placed.

How that relates to the activity on site................. hmmm

Originate have taken this over — https://1365yonge.ca — and while they're sticking with Turner Fleischer, they've replaced the submission entirely, going tall now, 50 storeys instead of 17, and just a standard condo now instead of a seniors residence. The submission is in to the City, but not posted by them, yet, though the docs are up on the site linked above. DB file update coming.

1365YongePodNE2000.jpg
1365YongePodNW960.jpg

Originate have taken this over — https://1365yonge.ca — and while they're sticking with Turner Fleischer, they've replaced the submission entirely, going tall now, 50 storeys instead of 17, and just a standard condo now instead of a seniors residence. The submission is in to the City, but not posted by them, yet, though the docs are up on the site linked above. DB file update coming.

View attachment 482967View attachment 482968

'42 with the scoop.

I knew this was coming as I hinted above, but I hadn't seen the renders.

I was told to shh, until it was official.

Last edited:
From the Docs: (ty to @interchange42 ) for linking to same:

Additional render not posted by '42:

1685982855955.png

Material Board:

1685982915866.png

Site Plan:

1685982455034.png

1685982242817.png

Parking Ratio: 0.299 (resident spaces only)

Elevator Ratio: 6 elevators per 655 units. or .91 elevators per 100 units, below the optimal ratio. (excludes dedicated parking elevators of which there are 2)

Retail: Shows as one undemised space, but has designed in 3 entrances/exits for just over 4,000ft2; all of it faces Yonge, not unreasonable, unfortunately the space is again shallow but wide, which lends itself to window film.

More tall stuff coming soon to this area...... (beyond this site) , err, at least proposals.

Last edited:

but where will the seniors go?

Looks great. The brick continues right to ground , level. No wall-o-glass , ugly cantilevers with concrete columns, staggered balconies/windows or random cutouts

A few things to pull forward.

The site is going to get 8-12 Pickleball Courts as an interim community use; they're to be installed next month (September)

The proponent reports smooth sailing w/the City thus far; and anticipates a timeline of 2.5 years to obtain all approvals.

Also interesting to note, given when the applications were filed, the transaction to purchase this site only closed July 10th, 2023.

Back