Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

There doesn't seem to be any room for two subway tracks and a third track on the Bala sub under the 407 bridge.

The clearance underneath the 407 bridge is almost 250 feet. There is tonnes of room for a subway, and more tracks than CN would know what to do with.

Dan

Mmm, I think someone else posted this map before but CN's ROW is definitely not 250 ft.
A quick measurement shows it as less than 35m and when you keep in mind that structures - like buildings and highway abutments - have proximity requirements (usually 30m, I believe, from the tracks) I suspect that there is not room for "more tracks than CN would know what to do with."

Is there room for one more, if it's needed? Maybe...
1728783327468.png

Mmm, I think someone else posted this map before but CN's ROW is definitely not 250 ft.
A quick measurement shows it as less than 35m and when you keep in mind that structures - like buildings and highway abutments - have proximity requirements (usually 30m, I believe, from the tracks) I suspect that there is not room for "more tracks than CN would know what to do with."

Is there room for one more, if it's needed? Maybe...
View attachment 603877
You're right, the ROW is not 250 feet.

But the clearance from abutment to abutment of the overpasses is what is being considered here, and that distance is far greater than the ROW's width.

In fact, it looks as if the subway could be built entirely outside of CN's ROW there.

Dan

Back