Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The city's $900 million contribution to the Scarborough Subway Extension is being funded by a 0.0024% residential property tax and slightly higher commercial & industrial taxes.
Not sure where you are getting 0.0024%. That was the 2015 rate. The 2016 rate was 0.0029439% - is that the last year of the ramp up? Presumably it will now drop down slowly over time, as assessed values and the tax base increase.

Looking at my 2016 tax bill, my assessment value is $489,000, and my transit charge is $14.40 compared to municipal taxes of $2,430.47. Average for 2016 was $549,586 so average payment is $16.18 per year.

Hmm ... and while I've got the file open, my 2007 municipal tax was $1,960.85. So municipal taxes have gone up an average of 2.4% a year.

I've seen people in 519 and 905 jaws drop, when they discover how low my municipal taxes are compared to there's. Oh well, my last MPAC assessment was a higher than average increase ($689K for 1/1/2016 compared to $489K for 1/1/2012), so I guess I'll catch up a bit.

Not sure where you are getting 0.0024%. That was the 2015 rate. The 2016 rate was 0.0029439% - is that the last year of the ramp up? Presumably it will now drop down slowly over time, as assessed values and the tax base increase.

upload_2017-5-29_14-54-1.png

https://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=25d4d85a42c74510VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-29_14-54-1.png
    upload_2017-5-29_14-54-1.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 254
I've seen people in 519 and 905 jaws drop, when they discover how low my municipal taxes are compared to there's. Oh well, my last MPAC assessment was a higher than average increase ($689K for 1/1/2016 compared to $489K for 1/1/2012), so I guess I'll catch up a bit.

But the % increase of property value is even higher in many 905 City's than Toronto right now so not sure we are catching up.

You shouldn't make excuses for poor planning. The full 19 kilometres of Eglinton Crosstown from Weston to Kennedy was funded all at once. It's very reasonable to expect that DRL Long could be funded in one go, as well. The backlog and high priority need to alleviate Bloor-Yonge should mean that funding ought to be secured by the 2018 Provincial and 2019 Federal elections with all-party support.
You're being somewhat disingenuous with that number. The crosstown is 19 km, but only 10 km is a subway. The DRL Short is about 6 and a half, the DRL is double that (12-13). But then we have to add on another 6 or 7 for the YNE. Which brings us to (nearly) double the length of the Crosstown's underground segment.

This is all politics. I'm just being realistic. I'd love for the DRL Long to be fully funded in one go.

I don't think its feasible to expect a DRL Long funding commitment in one go. Thats a BIG price tag. But maybe I'm just cynical.

Also, he didn't push harder because he spent all that time on that smart track nonsense.
You shouldn't make excuses for poor planning. The full 19 kilometres of Eglinton Crosstown from Weston to Kennedy was funded all at once. It's very reasonable to expect that DRL Long could be funded in one go, as well. The backlog and high priority need to alleviate Bloor-Yonge should mean that funding ought to be secured by the 2018 Provincial and 2019 Federal elections with all-party support.

Exactly hopkins. Just look at the crosstown : Phase 1, Mt Dennis - Kennedy, Phase 1 Pearson - Mt Dennis.

DRL could be phase 1: Don Mills - Dufferin. Phase 2: Dufferin - Mt Dennis.

This is just poor planning and leadership.

That's not the Scarborough subway money. That's for transit and social housing. Totally separate, and widely reported. https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...erty-tax-levy-to-pay-for-transit-housing.html

Scarborough is now buried in the main number.

And of course my 2017 final taxes dropped on my doorstep this morning. Only gone up $400 or so in 9 years, but up more than $100 this year!

Reactions: syn
And of course my 2017 final taxes dropped on my doorstep this morning. Only gone up $400 or so in 9 years, but up more than $100 this year!

Neat. Mine went up about $800 over the last 5 years and actually dropped $50 this year. Those assessment modifiers seem to have a larger impact than mill rate changes.

Preliminary work set to begin on the Yonge North Subway Extension project

Richmond Hill, Ontario, June 16, 2017 — The governments of Canada and Ontario are making investments to create jobs and grow the middle class, while building a foundation for a strong, sustainable economic future. Investing in public infrastructure supports efficient and affordable transit services that help Canadians to safely get to and from work, school and other activities on time.

The Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Health and Member of Parliament for Markham—Stouffville, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, the Honourable Steven Del Duca, Ontario Minister of Transportation, and Wayne Emmerson, York Region Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, today announced more than $36 million in federal funding to support the planning and preliminary engineering of the proposed 7.4 km extension of the existing Yonge Subway line into York Region.

The Province of Ontario, through the Moving Ontario Forward plan, has committed approximately $55 million for Metrolinx to work with the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), the Regional Municipality of York and York Region Rapid Transit Corporation to continue planning and design work on the Yonge North Subway Extension – a priority project identified in Metrolinx’s Regional Transportation Plan for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.

Once complete, the proposed work would extend the subway from the existing Finch Station to the Richmond Hill Centre in York Region, providing subway service beyond regional boundaries, connecting more people to transit, connecting GO Transit, York VIVA and York Region Transit services, and improving travel around the region. Residents and visitors to the area will have better access to subway service to get them where they need to go on time.

This investment is part of an agreement between Canada and Ontario for the Public Transit Infrastructure Fund.

Back