Toronto Y&S Condos | 130.77m | 38s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

For a G+C building there is a shockingly low amount (none!) of waist high mullions (maybe they're learning). Juliet balconies look nice, my only concern is the quality of the pre-cast - even some of the renders look kinda meh.

For a G+C building there is a shockingly low amount (none!) of waist high mullions (maybe they're learning). Juliet balconies look nice, my only concern is the quality of the pre-cast - even some of the renders look kinda meh.

View attachment 214823
Many marketing renderings for buildings designed by G+C have shown full height windows, but I think that at J Davis House, just a few blocks south of this building, that Mattamy may have been the first of the developers to go through with that design, and not cheapen out with two windows and waist-height mullions… so G+C have been designing this way for a long time. Maybe there's another building I cannot remember, but we've now had one developer actually go the costlier route for a G+C cladding design, and now it looks like we have a second one prepared to do the same: if you check out the suite renderings in our database file, you'll see that there's one that very specifically details the folding doors that Tribute is planning for the balconies here (also as per the elevation diagram above)… so it looks like G+C have another full-height window building locked-in here.

As long as members go after putting the blame on architects as if they get the final word, I will remind people that it's the developers who decide how much money is being put into any particular aspect of the projects.

Many marketing renderings for buildings designed by G+C have shown full height windows, but I think that at J Davis House, just a few blocks south of this building, that Mattamy may have been the first of the developers to go through with that design, and not cheapen out with two windows and waist-height mullions… so G+C have been designing this way for a long time. Maybe there's another building I cannot remember, but we've now had one developer actually go the costlier route for a G+C cladding design, and now it looks like we have a second one prepared to do the same: if you check out the suite renderings in our database file, you'll see that there's one that very specifically details the folding doors that Tribute is planning for the balconies here (also as per the elevation diagram above)… so it looks like G+C have another full-height window building locked-in here.

As long as members go after putting the blame on architects as if they get the final word, I will remind people that it's the developers who decide how much money is being put into any particular aspect of the projects.

While I agree that the developers have not helped G+C in the past, one must simply go to their website to see that they paint themselves into these ugly corners. I appreciate seeing their plans, in this case, are much more well thought out and even with potential cheapening it has more potential than say, Y+C.

While I agree that the developers have not helped G+C in the past, one must simply go to their website to see that they paint themselves into these ugly corners. I appreciate seeing their plans, in this case, are much more well thought out and even with potential cheapening it has more potential than say, Y+C.
Sure, but you were addressing the materiality, so, that's what my response covered!

If a company can get away from not using 50% glass solid wall method in their facade. They' ll surely take it to save cost ! I wouldn't be surprised if this development becomes mostly all glass building when it's finished.

Back