Toronto Wonder | 31.7m | 8s | Graywood | Diamond Schmitt

Yea, plenty of condos have bedrooms without windows.

There are some 3 bedroom plus den units. They're OK. Just seems like a bit much when you're cramming in all those rooms in under 1000 sqft. You end up having a lot of walls and tiny/cramped rooms. Kudos to them though for at least trying.

As has been pointed out, many units look into the courtyard which means no privacy, not much light. A lot of strikes against it IMO. Just speaking as a prospective purchaser as I was interested in buying. Just couldn't bring myself to buy with so many negatives.

Also, how do people even buy with
a) no info on finishes. All you get is a rendering of part of the kitchen and that is it. Who agrees to put half a million, 3/4 of a million with barely any info?

It looks like they're holding back most of the non-courtyard units until the next round, when they will inevitable raise the prices. I was also interested in maybe buying one as I do like that area, and I was shown a 3 bedroom unit that was almost 1300 sq ft with decent sized rooms and two terraces with a city view. Actually thought it was a great unit, but not sure it would be the right thing. I agree there is very little information on finishes.

They don't even mention the ceiling heights nor the unique loft features. I had to specifically ask about it.

With condos, you expect walls painted white but with lofts, there could be a wide array of features, from the exposed brick walls to the exposed ceilings and ventilation ducts. Nada mentioned.

It looks like they're holding back most of the non-courtyard units until the next round, when they will inevitable raise the prices. I was also interested in maybe buying one as I do like that area, and I was shown a 3 bedroom unit that was almost 1300 sq ft with decent sized rooms and two terraces with a city view. Actually thought it was a great unit, but not sure it would be the right thing. I agree there is very little information on finishes.

They don't even mention the ceiling heights nor the unique loft features. I had to specifically ask about it.

With condos, you expect walls painted white but with lofts, there could be a wide array of features, from the exposed brick walls to the exposed ceilings and ventilation ducts. Nada mentioned.

Wouldn't that be a key selling feature you would want to mention? They're probably still making decisions as we speak.

Yup. There must be more, larger terrace suites. Plus there's still the townhouses and other units left to come out.

Yup. There must be more, larger terrace suites. Plus there's still the townhouses and other units left to come out.

I went to the site on the weekend and I bought one. Not sure if I’m going to keep it, but I really like it. I have an appointment to see the new Bjarke Ingels condo at King and Brant this week which looks amazing, but the price point there is $1400+ psf. I paid under $1000 psf at Wonder. I also looked at a new condo in Parkdale and it was priced at $1000 psf and I’d rather live in Leslieville than Parkdale.

I went to the site on the weekend and I bought one. Not sure if I’m going to keep it, but I really like it. I have an appointment to see the new Bjarke Ingels condo at King and Brant this week which looks amazing, but the price point there is $1400+ psf. I paid under $1000 psf at Wonder. I also looked at a new condo in Parkdale and it was priced at $1000 psf and I’d rather live in Leslieville than Parkdale.

Yea, $1000psf in parkdale is ridiculous. I think you will be happy with Wonder. I just couldn't find a unit I liked at the price I was willing to pay, but a nice project, nice location and reputable builder.

Bjarke is completely different vibe, and I'd rather live in Leslieville than King/Portland. But that's just me. Think even if you purchased as an investment, Leslieville is going to get even better.

Yea, $1000psf in parkdale is ridiculous. I think you will be happy with Wonder. I just couldn't find a unit I liked at the price I was willing to pay, but a nice project, nice location and reputable builder.

Bjarke is completely different vibe, and I'd rather live in Leslieville than King/Portland. But that's just me. Think even if you purchased as an investment, Leslieville is going to get even better.
Thanks! I think so. The unit I got was almost 1300 sq ft, so the size i wanted at a price that didn’t seem ridiculous. And large outdoor space with a view of the city. I’m pretty happy with it. And I actually do spend time in the area. I think the developments planned for Leslieville including transit will really help values if they go forward.

7089C2E3-F646-46AD-9E77-3E50B74FC60C.jpeg
953B00DC-ED52-488F-8829-B3CFF19B554B.jpeg

Attachments

• 7089C2E3-F646-46AD-9E77-3E50B74FC60C.jpeg
    7089C2E3-F646-46AD-9E77-3E50B74FC60C.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 1,345
  • 953B00DC-ED52-488F-8829-B3CFF19B554B.jpeg
    953B00DC-ED52-488F-8829-B3CFF19B554B.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,326
Is that work related to the condo project or the downtown relief line which I think will be running partially under the building site?

Back