Toronto Wonder | 31.7m | 8s | Graywood | Diamond Schmitt

Many of the condo units are in the $900 psf in a low-rise in the extreme east-end with no wow factor. The area is MEH at best. I consider that a tad overpriced but I'm curious how the project will sell.

launched today. Prices are OK, layouts are OK. Expected a bit better.

Many of the condo units are in the $900 psf in a low-rise in the extreme east-end with no wow factor. The area is MEH at best. I consider that a tad overpriced but I'm curious how the project will sell.
Extreme east end? Really? How do you characterize developments at (please fill in the blanks)

Carlaw? ___________________________________________________
Coxwell? __________________________________________________
Woodbine? _________________________________________________
Victoria Park? _______________________________________________
Beyond even, brace yourself, Victoria Park? __________________

I was referring in relation to the downtown core, perhaps I should have made that clearer. I find anything east of Yonge / Church is in the east-end, past the DVP, "extreme east-end". I don't think there's a definition of "extreme east-end" for geographical purposes and it's all relative and open to interpretation based on every person's opinion.

If we're talking about the City of Toronto as a whole, then yes, the regions can be broadened and expanded.

Extreme east end? Really? How do you characterize developments at (please fill in the blanks)

Carlaw? ___________________________________________________
Coxwell? __________________________________________________
Woodbine? _________________________________________________
Victoria Park? _______________________________________________
Beyond even, brace yourself, Victoria Park? __________________

I’ve seen higher price points in worse areas in the East end. Here is a market for low rise, smaller developments. The other developments seem to have stepped it up on the finishes eba though while this one is just ho hum from what I’ve seen. Details are still a little lacking for my liking.

I actuallly like the area. You’re like a block south of queen and a bunch of activity.

Not sure I understand the branding, given the history of this site:

4AD06F5E-2401-452C-9780-428F64169DC8.jpeg

Attachments

• 4AD06F5E-2401-452C-9780-428F64169DC8.jpeg
    4AD06F5E-2401-452C-9780-428F64169DC8.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 733
I’ve seen higher price points in worse areas in the East end. Here is a market for low rise, smaller developments. The other developments seem to have stepped it up on the finishes eba though while this one is just ho hum from what I’ve seen. Details are still a little lacking for my liking.

I actuallly like the area. You’re like a block south of queen and a bunch of activity.

LOL You're obviously not from Toronto. If you think everything east "Yonge/(CHURCH)" (LOL) is one large undistinguished swath of land called the "East End", you don't know the city. The east end has many wellknown, diverse neighbourhoods like Cabbagetown, Riverdale, the Beaches, Riverside, Corktown, and the neighbourhood this condo is located in, Leslieville. Leslieville has long ago gentrified past the point of 'meh', into a desirable area for young families who regularly have bidding wars over the houses there. But this neighbourhood is known for its houses, it isn't a condo forest, so this condo development will bring a significant change to the neighbourhood. I think the prices are quite low for a neighbourhood of this popularity, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hot damn, I have a stalking admirer on my hands! You must know my mailing address, my work address, everything about me! I'm flattered, genuinely flattered.

Thanks for listing the neighbourhoods that anyone with access to the Internet can get from Google Maps.

LOL You're obviously not from Toronto. If you think everything east "Yonge/(CHURCH)" (LOL) is one large undistinguished swath of land called the "East End", you don't know the city. The east end has many wellknown, diverse neighbourhoods like Cabbagetown, Riverdale, the Beaches, Riverside, Corktown, and the neighbourhood this condo is located in, Leslieville. Leslieville has long ago gentrified past the point of 'meh', into a desirable area for young families who regularly have bidding wars over the houses there. But this neighbourhood is known for its houses, it isn't a condo forest, so this condo development will bring a significant change to the neighbourhood. I think the prices are quite low for a neighbourhood of this popularity, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

When you look at the floorplans, I don't think you could say the prices are low. Many of the bedrooms are tiny (saw one that was 7 ftx8ft, most of the bedrooms are 8x8ish). Many don't even have windows. I saw a couple of 2 bedroom units where both bedrooms had no windows.

Last edited:
Hot damn, I have a stalking admirer on my hands! You must know my mailing address, my work address, everything about me! I'm flattered, genuinely flattered.

Thanks for listing the neighbourhoods that anyone with access to the Internet can get from Google Maps.

Got it. All snark, zero content. Moving on.

When you look at the floorplans, I don't think you could say the prices are low. Many of the bedrooms are tiny (saw one that was 7 ftx8ft, most of the bedrooms are 8x8ish). Many don't even have windows. I saw a couple of 2 bedroom units where both bedrooms had no windows.
Haven’t looked at all the floor plans. If a room doesn’t have a window can it even legally be considered a “bedroom”? Ill check them out in more detail. I did notice that there were three bedroom plus den units which is unusual but I like it.

Gotta make sure the response lives up to the same level of quality as the original comment. ;)

Anyways, my point was that the condo units are generic for their prices in that neighbourhood, especially since many will be facing the inner courtyard but perhaps that is what families want: a tranquil place in a quiet neighbourhood but comparatively cheaper than the surrounding detached homes. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the area, it's just more family-oriented and slower-paced than the hussle and bustle of the core.

I'm more excited for the hard lofts to be released. Those should be more interesting, it's been a while since we had a precon hard loft development!

Got it. All snark, zero content. Moving on.

Gotta make sure the response lives up to the same level of quality as the original comment. ;)

Anyways, my point was that the condo units are generic for their prices in that neighbourhood, especially since many will be facing the inner courtyard but perhaps that is what families want: a tranquil place in a quiet neighbourhood but comparatively cheaper than the surrounding detached homes. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the area, it's just more family-oriented and slower-paced than the hussle and bustle of the core.

I'm more excited for the hard lofts to be released. Those should be more interesting, it's been a while since we had a precon hard loft development!

Definitely true that the area is more family oriented. It’s not the core at all, which many people don’t want after a certain age/life stage.I think this condo seems to be targeting people who have families (with the larger units and the amenities including a “Family Room”). However, there are a large number of small one plus dens etc that really would be sold to single people so maybe they are also luring young people who want a more neighbourhood feel than living downtown. There really isn’t a condo development of this scale in the neighbourhood so it will be interesting to see who buys there. However the east end is also developing more bars and restos , like the Broadview Hotel, so it’s not unthinkable that some young buyers would want to live there.

I'm also excited for the hard lofts. But it's too bad none of them have outdoor space.

Haven’t looked at all the floor plans. If a room doesn’t have a window can it even legally be considered a “bedroom”? Ill check them out in more detail. I did notice that there were three bedroom plus den units which is unusual but I like it.

Yea, plenty of condos have bedrooms without windows.

There are some 3 bedroom plus den units. They're OK. Just seems like a bit much when you're cramming in all those rooms in under 1000 sqft. You end up having a lot of walls and tiny/cramped rooms. Kudos to them though for at least trying.

As has been pointed out, many units look into the courtyard which means no privacy, not much light. A lot of strikes against it IMO. Just speaking as a prospective purchaser as I was interested in buying. Just couldn't bring myself to buy with so many negatives.

Also, how do people even buy with
a) no info on finishes. All you get is a rendering of part of the kitchen and that is it. Who agrees to put half a million, 3/4 of a million with barely any info?

Back