Toronto Women's College Hospital | 70.1m | 10s | P.E.B.

I've got a few on imgur. I'm using my phone and don't have much time. Here's one from 30 min ago (12:45 Dec18); I'll also put all the photos I've taken of the demolition into a gallery on imgur and will post a link later:

Taken from the 7th floor (as are most of my photos)

Last edited:
Question - are the foundations of the West site still under surface? Looking at the pictures, it looks like these might remain.

Although I expect that they will eventually use this parcel of land for a research tower or additional wing, I hope it remains a park. Demo has opened up a vista on Wellesley block from the Elizabeth street view plane that I really enjoy.

Sorry no updates for a while. They started to pour the foundation slab (or whatever that's called) starting at the north end of the site (adjacent Grosvenor) today.

Also they're removing part of the ramp at the south end:

Question - are the foundations of the West site still under surface? Looking at the pictures, it looks like these might remain.

Although I expect that they will eventually use this parcel of land for a research tower or additional wing, I hope it remains a park. Demo has opened up a vista on Wellesley block from the Elizabeth street view plane that I really enjoy.

I don't think they've excavated much below the surface there, so it's possible they remain. I believe the west end is supposed to be some sort of park based on the renders, but I'm not sure of that. Here's a photo from a couple of months back. I don't think I was on site for the week after this, so it's possible they removed foundation and recovered the area:

This photo is from Dec 17, 2013. There is a bigger pile of dirt at the west end now; I'll try to get a shot next week.

I don't get the point of a park here, there is one directly across the street from the hospital, plus Queen's Park 1/2 a block away.
Would have preferred the Deco building remained, it was a nice ending of Elizabeth St., the new building looks like a cement block.

When parks are continuous like beads on a string, you develop good walking routes. If the park at Wellesley and Yonge really does emerge in a few years, you could walk from Bloor/Avenue all the way to Wellesley station along a nearly continuous green belt. I think that's great.

Back