Toronto Whitehaus Condominiums | 107.28m | 31s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

Second level of cladding is now up:

20191020_085919.jpg
20191020_085943.jpg

Wow. That window wall looks sloppy. Disappointing. Wait. Isn't Knightstone the company behind that godawful student res on College, also designed by Diamond Schmitt? This is not a good look for DSI.

The worst part is that the brown cladding isn't being extended all the way up the podium. The cladding as shown above is as high as it will go before switching to the messier white

Oh hey look they got the cladding at the same bargain basement Concert did.

Manhattanization? more Spandrelization.

Diamond Schmitt are good with designing academic buildings and should not design offices or condos. plus the facade is horrible, shame on lifetime.

^exactly. design of transit city is decent it's the quality/material thats amazing. that is the reason it's turning out very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
^exactly. design of transit city is decent it's the quality/material thats amazing. that is the reason it's turning out very well.
Diamond Schmitt designed those Transit City condo buildings though, so… care to run around in circles a little while longer on this one?

Now that a pattern is emerging with the spandrel/window wall, it looks better. It's not great but it's better. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing Minttoothpastegreenhaus rather than Whitehaus. Maybe it's just me...

Now that a pattern is emerging with the spandrel/window wall, it looks better. It's not great but it's better. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing Minttoothpastegreenhaus rather than Whitehaus. Maybe it's just me...
I also find the ‘white’ spandrels look very similar (maybe even identical) to the mint green spandrels at the Loblaws towers at Bathurst & Lake Shore.

Back