Niagara-on-the-Lake White Oaks Village | 90.6m | 25s | White Oaks Resort & Spa | Giannone Petricone

Good luck getting 2 storeys built in N-O-T-L that's not an infill McMansion!

NIMBY-est part of the Niagara Region by far
It's definitely a hard spot to get anything good. In reality it's more of an extension of St. Catharines, but it's held back because it's physically within the NOTL municipality.

It's definitely a hard spot to get anything good. In reality it's more of an extension of St. Catharines, but it's held back because it's physically within the NOTL municipality.
I meant the town proper. This location off Glendale that is more like what you said (extension of St. Kitts) is probably one of the only spots they'll allow density.

You won't see much around Brock happen, but there are a good number of projects in the pipeline coming to Welland in the not-too-distant future.
Personally, I'd like to see Brock build a couple of 12 storey plus residential student towers. One could be for Undergrads and a nicer one for Grad students.

Thorold as is has too much of its single family housing stock as Brock student rentals. Welland has a similar problem near Niagara College. Too much housing converted into student rentals.

Most students are fine but some degrade the quality of life for nearby residents. Garbage, clutter, too loud/too many parties, absentee landlords, parking on lawns, etc.

Surprise surprise.

A more accurate title would read "Council that rejects nearly everything rejects another project". I say "nearly everything" because NOTL Council actually did approve a project higher than 2 storeys this past week.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca...cle_4e7fcb78-1f4b-5646-912e-ee21d6af163d.html

A little snip from the article:

But Steven Hardaker, a resident of the area, said the community is “deeply concerned” about the proposal.

“Highrises will be detrimental to our community,” he said. “Our town’s charm relies on its low rise skyline.”

Interesting. Never knew Glendale and QEW was part of the Town's charm.

I'm going to be honest - this is a terrible location for such density anyway. I hate these middle of nowhere highrises. Make no sense.

Surprise surprise.

A more accurate title would read "Council that rejects nearly everything rejects another project". I say "nearly everything" because NOTL Council actually did approve a project higher than 2 storeys this past week.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca...cle_4e7fcb78-1f4b-5646-912e-ee21d6af163d.html

A little snip from the article:

But Steven Hardaker, a resident of the area, said the community is “deeply concerned” about the proposal.

“Highrises will be detrimental to our community,” he said. “Our town’s charm relies on its low rise skyline.”

Interesting. Never knew Glendale and QEW was part of the Town's charm.

The vote at the Committee of the Whole meeting on Tuesday was 5-4 against, despite Staff recommending this for approval. But the By-laws will still go to Council for consideration at their June 25 meeting.

Back