Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

Price list and floor plans for Phase 3 have been released to VIP agents. Price points are quite similar to Phase 2. Layouts are decent.

Demolition on the existing office building is cheduled to start within the coming month or so. And construction is scheduled to begin in October. Phase 2 is very far along in sales and has done very well. Phase 2 is marketed as 50-storeys but that's because they skipped the unlucky 4's in this tower (they didn't in phase 1 which is taller). Phase 3 gearing up to start sales very soon - in the next month or so. Overall the project has done tremendously well, so activity should be starting soon on the site. Definitely add a lot of height to an area that's just getting taller and taller (and by no means a bad thing).

Any news on the retail?

I live in this neighbourhood and it would be nice to see condos incorporate some sort of shopping in order to actually make it a neighbourhood. Earlier I heard it will be a town-like retail anchored by a national grocery store. Now I hear grocery store+pharmacy.. yawn?

I agree the area needs retail, especially with all the condos going up and the increased density. I heard there will be a Sobeys Express in the Nautilus, and there will be allot more retail on Marine Parade dr as well as Lakeshore. They will incorporate street parking on Lakeshore across from Mr Christies and make the whole area more pedestrian friendly. Also Parklawn is finally going to be repaved starting in April with added turning lanes and widening of the sidewalk. Where in the neighbourhood do you live Filip? i'm in Voyager.

There's approx 60,000 sq ft of retail in the westlake project

It will consist of a grocery store (Metro), pharmacy, cafe and restaurant. The comfirmed metro will be around 30,000 sq ft; so that leaves the remaining 30,000 divided between the three other tenants.

Immediately north of this site is southbeach that will have a retail strip directly on parklawn with another16,000 sq ft (supposed to be a signature restaurant, spa, dog groomer and gourmet food store). Southbeach says they'll be the owner/operator of the retail to ensure it matches their 'vision'

Nautilus was rumoured to have a metro or longos but apparently both fell through and now they're looking for a tenant to fill the approx 20,000 sq ft of retail they have.

I went to Ocean Club the other day and they'll have a restaurant but not much else . . . . there's a proposed 5 story mixed use building directly beside ocean club that should address some retail/office concerns but I'm not sure who it belongs to or what they'll have.

I agree the area needs retail, especially with all the condos going up and the increased density. I heard there will be a Sobeys Express in the Nautilus, and there will be allot more retail on Marine Parade dr as well as Lakeshore. They will incorporate street parking on Lakeshore across from Mr Christies and make the whole area more pedestrian friendly. Also Parklawn is finally going to be repaved starting in April with added turning lanes and widening of the sidewalk. Where in the neighbourhood do you live Filip? i'm in Voyager.
I live in the townhouses facing south from Fleeceline in front of Marina del Rey and Grand Harbour.

There's approx 60,000 sq ft of retail in the westlake project

It will consist of a grocery store (Metro), pharmacy, cafe and restaurant. The comfirmed metro will be around 30,000 sq ft; so that leaves the remaining 30,000 divided between the three other tenants.

Immediately north of this site is southbeach that will have a retail strip directly on parklawn with another16,000 sq ft (supposed to be a signature restaurant, spa, dog groomer and gourmet food store). Southbeach says they'll be the owner/operator of the retail to ensure it matches their 'vision'

Nautilus was rumoured to have a metro or longos but apparently both fell through and now they're looking for a tenant to fill the approx 20,000 sq ft of retail they have.

I went to Ocean Club the other day and they'll have a restaurant but not much else . . . . there's a proposed 5 story mixed use building directly beside ocean club that should address some retail/office concerns but I'm not sure who it belongs to or what they'll have.
This area is a mess for retail.. I hope the new condos address this and offer more than a grocery store and a pharmacy. The Christie's bakery would make a great 'Shops at Don Mills' concept.

Filip any idea what's going on with the vacant land on the N/W corner of Lakeshore and Fleeceline?

As for the area allot of changes are coming, I also believe there will be some retail at Beyond the Sea. I also agree with you that a "Shops at Don Mills' concept sounds great, but I don't necessarily hate the Mr Christies bakery. There are still a few buildings that I hate in the area like the Certiguard mechanic shop and the U-Haul storage building. Most of the others are going to come down for new developments.

As for Westlake, im surprised how fast they are selling.

Ya I agree . . . it would be nice to anything other than your typical dry cleaner, convenience store, dental office - hopefully the onstreet parking will help

Filip any idea what's going on with the vacant land on the N/W corner of Lakeshore and Fleeceline?

As for the area allot of changes are coming, I also believe there will be some retail at Beyond the Sea. I also agree with you that a "Shops at Don Mills' concept sounds great, but I don't necessarily hate the Mr Christies bakery. There are still a few buildings that I hate in the area like the Certiguard mechanic shop and the U-Haul storage building. Most of the others are going to come down for new developments.

As for Westlake, im surprised how fast they are selling.

The NW lands are still in use.. It's the Polish Cultural Centre, however, it was only a year or two ago that we got hold that Daniels has purchased the land to build a market and subsidized housing development. I love the bakery because the entire neighbourhood smells like vanilla on certain days, however, it's a big waste of space that could be put to good use considering the density of the neighbourhood.

Christie's could redevelop... and stay, if they wanted to: their lot is very big, and could be subdivided.

Which of the three buildings/phases is getting the retail (metro etc)? Phase 1? I never saw it clarified anywhere

Was at the sales office today. I was told that Metro is confirmed, and they negotiating with LCBO, Shoppers Drug Mart and Starbucks. They are trying to bring a good mix of retail to the development.

Back