Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

The way they've gone about promoting this LCBO makes me think that it will be permanent. My thinking is that either they will close down the location that's by Humber Loop and "relocate" to this one, or they will keep both open.

I received a flyer in the mail promoting the new location and the first 200 customers will receive a free reusable shopping bag- that's quite the incentive to get people to line up.

The "pop-up" LCBO at Westlake is around half the size of the Humber Loop LCBO. Humber Loop's not closing.

It's because the Westlake one is small that I think they see it as a pop-up, but who knows what that means exactly: a two or three-year lease? Something less than they would normally sign, so that they can move into larger premisses when Eau du Soleil is complete presumably? Certainly what's opening now at Westlake will not be large enough to serve the HBS community in the long run. In the meantime, the signage outside of the Westlake location looks as permanent as at any longterm LCBO location.

So it looks like Orange Theory is opening on the street side of Park Lawn road...that's what I heard from one of the sales people. It's a fitness gym.

So it looks like Orange Theory is opening on the street side of Park Lawn road...that's what I heard from one of the sales people. It's a fitness gym.
Yes, I've heard this too. This will allow a for a restaurant / coffee shop to go in the current Orange Theory, and use the space that was intended for a patio correctly.

That corner (Park Lawn at the Lights to enter Westlake) is so hectic right now with the lanes to enter WestLake closed, and only one to leave open only during peak hours -- with lights that do not actually turn green unless the security guy pushes the Walk button.. I literally sat there for 10 minutes and ended up just turning right onto Park Lawn SB, did a U turn to get NB PL. It's a traffic nightmare as it is. If this isn't done before back to school, it's only going to get worse.

Sept 5
Westlake Condos have these at the base of one of the towers and not cheap to do
29629970852_eaa57d570c_h.jpg

29114829134_1e0f16e951_h.jpg

It's unfortunate none of the spots got occupied by a dinner/drink type-restaurant establishment. You have to walk either to the Firkin (about 10 minutes) or west to Mimico (10/15 minutes) for anything like that. I wonder if Sunset Grill will use the space to the North there that was initially left for a patio of some sort had this gone to an actual restaurant.

An "actual restaurant" is expected in the commercial building on Park Lawn, currently being built beside Westlake Encore.

I think more bars would do well in the area. It's becoming a very young neighbourhood.

Since I lived here ~21 years, the neighbourhood has changed from primarily downsizer retirees to young professionals. Very cool.

Back