Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

UD running around acting like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread doesn't help.

I just find for a firm to be held in such high regard they have produced a lot of meh work in the last little while.

Few large firms aren't engaged in lacklustre work. The difference is that aA's laziest contribution, quality wise, still blows the crap out of anything most other local design factories can put up. I don't know why aA tends to be singled out when it comes to copying and pasting when just about every firm is guilty of it. Of course, other firms tend to find inspiration in more than one style however, most of their building in one style or another will be virtually indistinguishable. Look what P+S has done. 18 Yonge, Waterparkcity, Spectrum, One Sherway, Malibu, etc.

Last edited:
Yep. Can't pretend I don't find a lot of aA's designs to be pretty boring but at least they're capable and quality designs. I'll take Burano, Ice or Casa over any of these three towers any day. Also good point re. repetitive designs maestro. aA is just one of many players in Toronto in that sense.

aA can actually design a building that is not a variant of the same formula? Shocker.

^ Doesn't take away the fact that aA is populating downtown with copy-pasta developments. Murano, Burano, Casa, Casa 2, Casa 3, U Condos, 1Thousand Bay, Peter St Condos, 501 Condos, Karma...

Nice argumentation. Do you at least get payed from aA for your PR work?

Would you prefer I "copy-pasta" points from the countless other times we've been forced to engage with the architecturally illiterate on this topic? You're only going to get out of this at least what you put in.

Last edited:
Would you prefer I "copy-pasta" points from the countless other times we've been forced to engage with the architecturally illiterate on this topic? You're only going to get out of this at least what you put in.

I see you still need to improve your debating skills. Still not a reply from you that has made sense so far. Please explain me why my opinions are wrong, chief.

Last edited:
So does anyone have an idea what restaurants will be in either spot? I emailed a sales rep but got no reply.

Would like to know also. Same with some of the spaces along the waterfront. Maybe they're having trouble attracting, but I have to think any sit down type places would do well

Would like to know also. Same with some of the spaces along the waterfront. Maybe they're having trouble attracting, but I have to think any sit down type places would do well

I agree! i think with the booming population there, and hardly anywhere to go for restaurants walking distance, the two restaurant spots will do well.

Repetitive, dull, eyesore! Thx P+S
dd67sq4.jpg

copy pasta

haha ... but really you know something is lack luster when you pay more attention to the spelling and grammar in a thread than the architecture.

They are non offensive I guess, but nothing to remember.

Just a reminder:

Westlake 3 Sales Centre is now open! Model suites are available to see on the 45th floor. 12-6pm everyday except Fridays (I believe).

I was able to see an exact floorplan that I had purchased in WL3. The units shown had upgraded appliances and a mixture of the dark and light packages. Exciting for those who have purchased a suite and have not been able to see a similar floorplan to their own--I REALLY, REALLY hope they are finished on time and I can move in July!!

From what I have observed, traffic has increased BUT they also have construction happening on Park Lawn (replacing a sewer line, I think) which has clogged up a lane. Also worth mentioning, they are constructing a turning right lane on Lake Shore going onto Park Lawn and have added a lane on Park Lawn turning right on Lake Shore. As far as restaurants, nothing has been mentioned yet. The only new restaurant confirmed for the Humber Bay Park area is the Firkin on the Bay in the Monarch Waterview tower located on Marine Parade Drive.

Hey everyone. Couple of questions:

What are the businesses on the ground level? I saw a Metro... I think there will also be a Shoppers Drug Mart and a bank??
Any more detail around this?
Are they open yet?

Also, any idea when the gym will be open? No one seemed to have that answer for me.

Thanks,
M

Back