Toronto WestBeach Condominiums | 24.38m | 6s | Marlin Spring | Graziani + Corazza

20210710_110513.jpg
20210710_110534.jpg
20210710_110552.jpg
20210710_110609.jpg

The city is widening the sidewalk on this section of Queen. A portion farther east was previously completed. You can see on the right end of the photo that one of the poles is currently in the street with orange barriers. It'll be behind the curb once the work is done.

It's not often you see a firm 'lobby' for a streetscape permit; but that is the case here w/Marlin Spring putting on a push to get its permit here.

The streetscape here has been left in a poor state since development wrapped, not sure what the hold-up has been, but I'm assuming MS would like to close this one out.

The city has streets that have to be ripped up and resurfaced 2 or 3 times for no visible reason before they can get to things like this. I think the wait is about a decade. Further up Coxwell, the parkette that gets reannounced every other year is now in its 7 or 8th year of waiting. I'm not sure if this counts as sarcasm or not.

The city has streets that have to be ripped up and resurfaced 2 or 3 times for no visible reason before they can get to things like this.

The developer is responsible for this streetscape, not the City. However, the City must approve it.

I think the wait is about a decade. Further up Coxwell, the parkette that gets reannounced every other year is now in its 7 or 8th year of waiting. I'm not sure if this counts as sarcasm or not.

That one has taken forever to get done.

Ok, I assumed they were still being held up by the sidewalk reconfiguration (now in its 3rd? 4th? 5th year?)

Now to revive this thread to discuss some non-news, LOL

1689269892041.png

LOL.

So......unlike what I had thought previously here.............

This is not on the developer.

The developer did agree to take on the streetscape work here.

But it's the City who made a mess.

I don't think I can/should explain the details publicly, except to say, those poles should not have been moved into the road when they were, and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Back