Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

People on here have said that the roof is just unfinished and that those panels will be filled in but if that is the case, why are they lighting it up at night? Hell, even if those featureless panels are put up, it's still not worth lighting up. This one seriously has me thinking WTF is wrong with Plazacorp!

The panels are now up and the building definitely looks impressive!

Does anyone know if June Callwood Park is going to survive mayor Ford's spending cuts? Judging by those arial photos, it doesn't look as though they've started building the park.

Does anyone know if June Callwood Park is going to survive mayor Ford's spending cuts? Judging by those arial photos, it doesn't look as though they've started building the park.

Should be a go, its not like Ford is going to stop or take the money that is filtered down from the developers to building parks.

They put up some kind of see through panels. You can still see where the cladding slabs are and where the empty parts are but it does look much better. I assumed that they would put in precast slabs to match that part in the middle but they just used a screen instead. It looks OK the way it is but I would have preferred the matching precast. It is well lit at night. Over all the building looks pretty good and I've noticed that some of the units facing Lakeshore are being used as businesses, so hopefully some restaurants or retail stores will appear. I saw a few real estate offices, a dry cleaners and I think a nail salon.

I noticed the same thing happening in City Place. (nail salon) They don't look as good as a regular retail stores but it's better than nothing. City Place REALLY NEEDS a restaurant or cafe facing that park!

View from Coronation Park on a bright winter's day.

Attachments

• IMG00437-20101227-1040.jpg
    IMG00437-20101227-1040.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG00436-20101227-1040.jpg
    IMG00436-20101227-1040.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 463
It's not that bad, but I'd wish they use another sort of variation on the design. Maybe a change in materials.

^ What does 'euro looking' mean?

Because everyone knows Euro's hate glass and go to great lengths to avoid it. Come on now.

But on a serious note this building really doesn't deserve the flack it's been receiving. It's a break in the rather redundant spam of green on the lakefront. That's more than enough to make me satisfied. (Rather lame criteria but seriously... what else do we have on the waterfront that's really going for us?)

Last edited:

Back