Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I love this building!!

I bought in Phase 1 here and I just LOVE this building. I also have friends who bought here as well and they are as excited about this building as I am. It is a welcome change from the glass towers that are being built in abundance. It's great that we all can choose to live in a building that appeals to US...people always have and are entitled to their own opinion.:)

Exactly. It's nobody's right to tell YOU what is good for YOU to live in.

That's just architectural Naziism.

I am assuming that for phase 1, the purchasers have already gone in to do their colour selections etc. How are the interior finishings for this product?
Anybody able to comment?

Thanks
Colour selections have been done for Phase 2; Phase 1 must have been done a long time ago. As others have said, there was a good selection to choose from. Odd things can be upgraded with the supplier -- for example, some cabinetry handles are only available for some designs. Seems weird to me since they all go in with 2 screws but whatever.

I wasn't thrilled with the backsplash choices and plan to upgrade those later when the supplier contacts me. I want glass tiles; that wasn't offered by the builder.

Glad to see you can upgrade to a Jacuzzi.

And I'll definitely be adding pot drawers, etc.

So, while the price is "all in", and you do get a lot of good selection in that all in price, you could end up paying more for some upgrades if you want. Depends what you're looking for.

I would have liked to upgraded some appliances but was told that wasn't possible. Has anyone in Phase 1 been able to do that?

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for the update. I just bought in phase 2 and was told I would still be able to do colour selections etc. I hope this is still the case? I would hate to have a 'generic' suite....

Colour selections have been done for Phase 2; Phase 1 must have been done a long time ago. As others have said, there was a good selection to choose from. Odd things can be upgraded with the supplier -- for example, some cabinetry handles are only available for some designs. Seems weird to me since they all go in with 2 screws but whatever.

I wasn't thrilled with the backsplash choices and plan to upgrade those later when the supplier contacts me. I want glass tiles; that wasn't offered by the builder.

Glad to see you can upgrade to a Jacuzzi.

And I'll definitely be adding pot drawers, etc.

So, while the price is "all in", and you do get a lot of good selection in that all in price, you could end up paying more for some upgrades if you want. Depends what you're looking for.

I would have liked to upgraded some appliances but was told that wasn't possible. Has anyone in Phase 1 been able to do that?

I think if you just bought, you should be ok. They asked us to do our selection almost immediately after purchase.

Please join our Facebook "West Harbour City" group :)

Hi Guys
If you have bought a unit at WHC Phase 1 or 2 please come and join our facebook group...We'd love to have you!!

6 August 2009 photo update

Soviet Union on the Harbourfront? How dreary:

dsc07051s.jpg

Man is capable of creating many things, including this brutal beast:

dsc07053r.jpg

:(

Ignore the rude people...

Don't worry Pink Lucy...for some reason some people here are just unhappy people....they love to cut everything down. They seem to think everyone should agree with their opinions and they don't realize that no one really CARES about their opinion anyways. I guess they didn't learn from their mothers..."If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Some people are just miserable.

As much as many here on UT love the work of aA ... I think everyone 'else' (myself included) is fully entitled to like something other than the c.2005 glass+steel towers and perhaps appreciate a well designed stone/precast structure

For what it is worth ... I too think West Harbour City is a great structure, the architectural details are well thought out, and the terracing built form on the north side will definitely show that this is a unique structure in Toronto :)

I know this forum is focused on architecture but I think we should also consider the sites floorplans / finishes etc. I love the floorplans and the finishes are above industry standard. To me as a consumer this is far more important than the exterior look of the building (which I do like by the way!)

Quadrangle are the Jekyll and Hyde of the local architectural scene. They can occasionally do good clean contemporary design ( BMW showroom ) along with the best of them, but in the case of this building they're truer to their usual form.

Back