Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

I also find it odd how they call out the boundary between the old building and the new on the plan, and yet they intend to completely demo the old building. At first I just assumed that they were going to use the structure, then I read more closely. Too bad. They could have gutted the building to the timbers and kept some of that old character in the new space...

From what I understand, this is a complete demolition, and then incorporation of rebuilt facades into the new--e.g. the Bay Adelaide solution. It's interesting with that one (which I happen to be looking at at this very moment) how clean the rebuilt structure looks. It looks almost new, and has lost some character as a result.

Given how busy their Queen/Portland store is...I would have thought they realise the pent-up-demand in the area and get building!

Have there been any updates on this? I live in the area and have seen lights on in the warehouse a number of times recently - wondering if that could be a result of any prep-work/inspections/underground warehouse parties i'm not awesome enough to be invited to....

Slightly different render:

GetFile.aspx

If ProjectEnd's render is the most recent iteration, then it appears that the upper floor addition has been removed. That would represent a significant change to the scope of the project.

Not bad at all. A bit too "clean" but I can live with that. I do find the rooftop signage to be bit of a lost opportunity though - there is potential to do something different there at would work as a beacon for the store (thinking of a vertical lightbox of some sort)

AoD

Back