Mississauga Wesley Tower at Daniels City Centre | ?m | 43s | Daniels | Rafael + Bigauskas

P1170121.JPG
P1170134.JPG
P1170181.JPG
P1170180.JPG
P1170179.JPG
P1170172.JPG
P1170173.JPG
P1170142.JPG

Huh, is that purple? Do we have a purple tower rising in MCC? That's different, and it'll be a while before I know how it will all come out.

Forgetting about the colour, I'm glad to see full-height windows in the towers, but there are waist-height mullions in the podium floors, too many mullions overall, and what look like quite a pile of design cues for which it's hard to imagine the final look just now. Hmm…

Huh, is that purple? Do we have a purple tower rising in MCC? That's different, and it'll be a while before I know how it will all come out.

Forgetting about the colour, I'm glad to see full-height windows in the towers, but there are waist-height mullions in the podium floors, too many mullions overall, and what look like quite a pile of design cues for which it's hard to imagine the final look just now. Hmm…

Us sophisticats in Mississauga would call it indigo.

i think this is the first time ive seen a purple spandrel. i dont know looks funny, in a nice way.

There are two colours there, to be persnickety, and I'm going with violet and hyacinth.

Wesley Tower and Parkside Village, as they appeared together on the BBC.

DguNyOJW4AAy_Tw.jpg

I honestly think that the lavender spandrel is going to look really nice once they add in the white balconies, it's going to provide a really nice contrast and create some interesting colours.

Only issue is that the actual glass appears green, so hopefully it doesn't create some weird contrasting colours.

This thing looks like junk when shown next to PSVI & II. I do have to say though, the variety in building styles in MCC is quite nice. Makes things feel a bit more organic vs. having one style throughout.

All these recent construction shots of Mississauga actually look *dense* for the first time, I think. Going to be interesting to see in another 10 years, I feel like it will be the first major suburban downtown to truly reach that critical mass population and density.

All these recent construction shots of Mississauga actually look *dense* for the first time, I think. Going to be interesting to see in another 10 years, I feel like it will be the first major suburban downtown to truly reach that critical mass population and density.
But will hitting critical mass make a difference in urban life? Or will it retain the feeling of a vertical suburb?

Back