Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

Yikes that all-glazed podium is hideous. Hopefully that's just a very preliminary drawing for the city and nothing more. Yuckkk.

Two towers. huh. So much for the park.

That podium is ice cold. Too much glass. It needs some colour. It needs set backs to let more sun into Wellesley. It could also use a pedestrian underpass to the park where the podium meets the tower. More fluidity is needed here.

Lanterra's really dropping glass turds around here now.

Smh, that is absolutely awful. Seems like Lanterra is really making use of the copy and paste feature. I really hope this is very preliminary, and is subject to much change.

probably still lots of room for a park. But I agree, the design is horrid. Looks Aa, and considering Aa is all lanterra has been hiring for the last 5 years, so I have a feeling it is them.

probably still lots of room for a park. But I agree, the design is horrid. Looks Aa, and considering Aa is all lanterra has been hiring for the last 5 years, so I have a feeling it is them.

There's not a chance that that's an aA design.

Last edited:
Nobody reads. (sigh)

This design is not representative of the current plan.

Yes, this is what was submitted to the City, but Kristyn Wong Tam has already convinced them to go another route. In the absence of another submission, the Planning Department can only post an image of what has been submitted.

Don't worry, nothing like what is shown above will come to pass.

Last edited:
So they get some "approval" (or understanding) for 145 floors, then negotiate to free up space for a park. Maybe two towers of 80 and 65??

Who knows but something significant will come.

Frankly I'm surprised that Lanterra is only going for 45 & 54s with the two point towers. Height isn't so much an issue here as long as the towers can be orientated to the north of the site freeing up more area to the south for green space.

Last edited:
Still nobody reading anything other that the submission. There have been several posts covering this already.

They are not going for a double tower plan currently. That was what was submitted, but KWT is moving them towards a taller single tower so that there's a bigger park. Already in progress.

Back