Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

As long as the curves are done exceptionally well (along with all other aspects of execution), I'm all for more of these. Look at how many rigid, fairly predictable boxes we already have... I'd rather see a healthy mix of building typologies dotting the core.

As long as the curves are done exceptionally well (along with all other aspects of execution), I'm all for more of these. Look at how many rigid, fairly predictable boxes we already have... I'd rather see a healthy mix of building typologies dotting the core.
That's fair. One Bloor was clearly the best of these but to me the trend is getting a little blase. I do agree with you that when well done it can make for a nice change.

After One Bloor, Massey Tower and this...anyone else feel like it's time to move on or do you really like this architectural theme?

And The Stanley, which is I think the one that looks the most similar.

The trend here that I think I am most over (which is common to all of the ones you listed, save for possibly Massey as it comes across a bit differently there) isn't the curves, but this specific style/colour of balcony glass -- the almost-white-but-still-slightly-blue-hued-and-mostly-opaque look.

Today.
88CD2B78-4936-4EA8-88AA-D7EA829D3125.jpeg

Back