Toronto Water's Edge at the Cove | 182.26m | 56s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

From all that I can see, they have not updated the tower: it looks to me to be the same thing that was on offer a couple of years ago before it was pulled.

indeed .... looks the same design as before .... just taller now?

Six storeys taller than its initial plan in 2009, but they had already received permission to go to 56 by 2014. It's looking like 173 metres is not the final number, BTW, and that it'll be closer to 183.

EDIT: Here's why I say "looking like":

TopOfTower.jpg

Attachments

• TopOfTower.jpg
    TopOfTower.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 911
This is the second last development block south of Lake Shore however, there is one last mattamy phase (I believe) left after this one. Development will slow down after that until the Mr Christie lands start - and my understanding is that isn't going to be developed at the density that the rest of Humber Bay has been. I think the focus there is going to be more so retail / employment, with a small (relatively) residential component.

Six storeys taller than its initial plan in 2009, but they had already received permission to go to 56 by 2014. It's looking like 173 metres is not the final number, BTW, and that it'll be closer to 183.

EDIT: Here's why I say "looking like":

View attachment 116962

Ugh, why do they do that?! Just gimme the frickin top-of-parapet number!

Anyway, tag me if it suddenly appears somewhere.

until the Mr Christie lands start - and my understanding is that isn't going to be developed at the density that the rest of Humber Bay has been. I think the focus there is going to be more so retail / employment, with a small (relatively) residential component.
Hopefully a lot of retail with office/residential density over top, id hate to see something suburban there

Ugh, why do they do that?! Just gimme the frickin top-of-parapet number!

Anyway, tag me if it suddenly appears somewhere.
zoning tricks. Zoning considers building height to not include Mechanical, so they are not required to label the entire height of the building, only to the top of the occupied space.

This is the second last development block south of Lake Shore however, there is one last mattamy phase (I believe) left after this one. Development will slow down after that until the Mr Christie lands start - and my understanding is that isn't going to be developed at the density that the rest of Humber Bay has been. I think the focus there is going to be more so retail / employment, with a small (relatively) residential component.
To be clear, this is going immediately beside The Cove, which is just topping off shortly. Once this one is in, the gap between Lago and Nautilus will be filled in.

Besides this site, there are two remaining strips to build on south of Lake Shore, one where this Conservatory Group sales office is, and one where the Mattamy sales office is. The Mattamy sales office will be replaced by Vita and Vita Two, while we don't know yet what will replace the Conservatory Group's sales office.

PS - there are still a number of low-rise commercial buildings to go up on narrow strips between the towers and Lake Shore. Not sure how long it will be before we see the first of those go up, but according to the architectural plans for this tower, the garage will be built out under both the tower and the commercial building in one go.

These blocks are nearly complete. The bakery and the blocks to the west of the gated communities could add just as many units. I wonder if the gated condo won't take advantage and sell plots to developers.

Back