Toronto Watermark | ?m | 7s | Queenscorp | Joseph N Campitelli

I love the red brick, less the EIFS. Is not that bad now that they installed the clock. I would like to see it at night with the light fixture.

5 July 2014: OMG it's an absolute POS! It's like an enlarged mcmansion--those hideous monstrosities that contractors are putting up all over Mimico/Lake Shore/Long Branch these days, replacing modest yet beautiful bungalows from the '20s-50s. Yes, Etobicoke has many--thousands!!!--architectural gems that go unnoticed by the heritage conservation ppl in Toronto. Any how, I snapped this eyesore from a variety of angles, although the early morning sun was getting in my eye.

What sort of retail do condos bring? Duh, Sbux and the Lake Shore & Islington TD branch is moving here.:(
NGiYSaH.jpg

Inspired by the Gladstone Hotel? Are they kidding?!
5VnDmVo.jpg

6XiN38V.jpg

The details are tacky as hell:
MXrJBJK.jpg

UBLcA0B.jpg

SzlgVLO.jpg

zGxRDuA.jpg

It doesn't matter which angle you view--it's possibly worse than Aura from an exterior aesthetic pov:

8tZS9xm.jpg

rU4Kflf.jpg

yR7HETb.jpg

The sad truth is this is what the majority seem to want--drive through hundreds of side streets across the city and you'll see SFH styled like this project going up like it's the hottest trend out of Dwell. And the 905 new build market.

Yeah, I really do not understand either. Only problem I have with it is the discontinuation of that brick at the top. Besides that, I think it's a great addition to this area, and is far better than any McMansion style architecture I've seen.

I'll take this over another grey, spandrel, glass box any day. I also wish the top were brick but I love the clock tower and the building as a whole looks good. It has some attractive design details and at street level, it works quite well. I'd like to see more like this in the area. The store fronts in this are so much nice than we see on most modern, glass boxes, which just use a wall of glass, across the whole retail portion. This provides a much warmer, animated experience at street level.

Last edited:

Back