Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

for pier 27, the entire foundation/parking levels will be in a gigantic "bathtub"... completely sealed on all sides with a thicker base slab to resist hydrostatic pressure

Ah, that's clever. I figured that the foundation would have to be specially reinforced being so close to the water. That image above looks like a pretty catastrophic failure, hopefully it didn't occur while any workers were in the pit. Where is it, might I add?

Granny said:
So did eveyone else right up to the Esplanade, the original shoreline (a little before my time)

Yeah that makes sense too, although I figured by the time the shoreline got pushed as far south as it did, water was much less of a concern north of Queens Quay. They didn't really start building such large structures on those lands until well after the land was filled and packed down over the years.

edit, I found info on the ruined site photo. Checked the file name and searched "infinity construction water breach". Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Ah, that's clever. I figured that the foundation would have to be specially reinforced being so close to the water. That image above looks like a pretty catastrophic failure, hopefully it didn't occur while any workers were in the pit. Where is it, might I add?

Yeah that makes sense too, although I figured by the time the shoreline got pushed as far south as it did, water was much less of a concern north of Queens Quay. They didn't really start building such large structures on those lands until well after the land was filled and packed down over the years.

edit, I found info on the ruined site photo. Checked the file name and searched "infinity construction water breach". Crazy stuff.

There's some great pictures of the breach on SSC. I posted the link under the photo.

Sorry for the derailment mods...back to Pier27.

I just took the plunge on a unit in Phase II, 8th floor, 733 sq ft 1B+D+2 bathrooms. Was looking around the internet for discussion on this project and I found my way here. First post on UrbanToronto, hopefully the first of many.

welcome kliu82, and congrats on your purchase!....Did they give you any timeline on commencement of construction? :)

welcome kliu82, and congrats on your purchase!....Did they give you any timeline on commencement of construction? :)

I'll get all the documentation tomorrow once the Vendor accepts the agreement. My agent told me that they were 68% sold on Phase II, and they need 70% to start constructing. So I think they are close.

I just took the plunge on a unit in Phase II, 8th floor, 733 sq ft 1B+D+2 bathrooms. Was looking around the internet for discussion on this project and I found my way here. First post on UrbanToronto, hopefully the first of many.

congrats on your purchase!

i got a unit in phase ii as well... 5th floor, 630sq ft. in the far east building. i got in during the initial open house back in november 2007. i found UT the same way you did...

Last edited:

Sounds like they're over 70% sold on Phase II now, and construction is slated to begin in Feb/March.

the last time i checked was last summer... and units with the same square-footage, on higher floors, but closer to queen's quay, where going for 30-40k more than what i paid. i don't know if it's changed since then, for better or worse.

Last edited:
shoring permit was issued by the city yesterday:

Application: Partial Permit

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 194355 SHO 00 PP Issued Date: Feb 4, 2009

Project: Apartment Building Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to onstruct 14 storey condo with 401 residential units and 4 levels of underground parking.

Shovels at this time of year? Jackhammers or explosives would work better this year, and would be more exciting.

Question: The video from the Toronto Star that was posted here a while back indicated that Redpath cooperated with the developer to implement alterations/replacements etc. to reduce the land use incompatibility issues. Does anybody know what is the process or set of approvals that's required? And who pays for the alterations?

Back