Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

What's next, asking that Redpath vacate? Don't move to an area and expect it to change to suit you. I suppose eventually we'll get new condo owners complaining about Skydome so close to them and ask that it be moved somewhere else.
Oh please. They know Redpath isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and they don't expect them to. Captain John's is a heaping pile of tourist trap.

It would be nice to refurbish that ship and turn it into some kind of a tourist attraction. (museum, art gallery or amusement centre of some kind)

What's next, asking that Redpath vacate? Don't move to an area and expect it to change to suit you. I suppose eventually we'll get new condo owners complaining about Skydome so close to them and ask that it be moved somewhere else.

I love Redpath and fully agree that current uses shouldn't change to suit new residents, however, this is the foot of Yonge Street. The potential exists for the creation of a landmark public space and this indebted hunk of junk continues to fester and obstruct.

This is the street that defines the history of City - and arguably the Province. To have a rotting hulk of a ship sitting here is deplorable.

Polson Pier

9287685210_802b9a95df_b.jpg

UT just did a big tour of the project, featured as a three-part series on the news page. This page is the third and final installment with links to the previous two before it. Great pics!

CIMG6586.jpg

CIMG6585.jpg

CIMG6597.jpg

CIMG6587.jpg

CIMG6589.jpg

CIMG6584.jpg

CIMG6583.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG6586.jpg
    CIMG6586.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 622
  • CIMG6585.jpg
    CIMG6585.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 648
  • CIMG6597.jpg
    CIMG6597.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 648
  • CIMG6587.jpg
    CIMG6587.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 637
  • CIMG6589.jpg
    CIMG6589.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 640
  • CIMG6584.jpg
    CIMG6584.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 628
  • CIMG6583.jpg
    CIMG6583.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 638
I was always a little skeptical about this project, but when I saw the progress I was absolutely stunned by the beauty of it. Can't wait to see it finished. It will be an incredible addition to our waterfront.

Do we know if the areas between the building will be open to the public and if they'll have retail?

The space between the two sets of buildings will be open to the public. The spaces between each set (under the bridge) will be private amenities such as the pool and patios. There will also be a wide corridor along Yonge St. that was originally part of this project but was swapped with the city's land in the parking lot to create a public water's edge for the foot of Yonge St. I think the city will come out winning -- just recall what used to be there and how private money kickstarted a massive improvement that was way overdue for the terminus of such an important landmark street.

Back