Toronto Warden Station Redevelopment | 13.11m | 2s | TTC | SAI

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from the devapp:

"The proposal is for the Warden TTC Station to undergo a partial demolition and partial retention of existing facilities. The proposed redevelopment comprises of accessibility upgrades, partial demolition and construction of a new bus terminal with a concourse. The balance of the lands at the immediate northwest corner and other parts of the site would remain in their current condition and are excluded from the scope of this redevelopment."

DevApp: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=uzITr0izWM2T0j20wbEOXw==

Rendering taken from Site Plan Approval via Architectural Plan:

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 25  2022-3.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 25  2022-4.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 25  2022-4a.jpg

Is there possibly a reason they cannot? This station is right next to a hydro corridor after all.
The plan is to get rid of the silo bus bays, reduce their footprint within what will be a better "island" style bus terminal anyway, and open up more land at the fairly expansive site for housing and other development.

The plan is to get rid of the silo bus bays, reduce their footprint within what will be a better "island" style bus terminal anyway, and open up more land at the fairly expansive site for housing and other development.

Ah, ok thanks. So it’s just not happening right now.

This project is the subject of a report on next week's TTC agenda.

The report seeks delegated authority from The Commission for the CEO to award the tender for the next phase of this project during the summer break from meetings.

The argument is that this will allow construction to begin up to 7 weeks earlier.

I'm not entirely sure why the TTC can't have a one-item special meeting later this month to do this; perhaps I'm just not that trusting of this TTC CEO.....

The report seeks delegated authority from The Commission for the CEO to award the tender for the next phase of this project during the summer break from meetings.

The argument is that this will allow construction to begin up to 7 weeks earlier.

I'm not entirely sure why the TTC can't have a one-item special meeting later this month to do this; perhaps I'm just not that trusting of this TTC CEO.....
Don’t you know, Rick Leary hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s still undecided:

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 18.15.14.png

Some renderings are in the TTC Board document - I found this plan useful, showing the future station.

View attachment 491827
Some renderings are in the TTC Board document - I found this plan useful, showing the future station.
Thinking about this - the complete disconnect of TTC and Create TO means decisions have been made such as a) not rebuilding the substations with a development on top b) not building on top of the bus terminal or the station c) not building anything where the PPUDO will be located, or integrating a PPUDO into a development.

Instead, the TTC will hand a parcel of land to Create TO and require a connection through it from the station to Warden Ave.

A missed opportunity? No. But certainly not exemplary TOD.

Back