Toronto Wallace Walk Towns | ?m | 4s | The Somerset Group | KFA

Considering buying an Assignment sale in this building. Can anyone comment on their experience with the builders?

We had our interior finishings appointment last night. I believe we were the first scheduled.

Generally, there are quite a few options in each package "level". The standard finishing level was generally good, though personally we didn't like any of the cabinets or granite offered at the standard level.

You get a fair amount of choice and customization for each room, far more than we were led to believe at the structural appointment.

I found that the bathroom upgrades were actually quite affordable compared to the kitchen upgrades (keep in mind that we're in a P4 unit, so ymmv).

They have some ridiculous prices for the kitchen, like $4200 for a stainless steel apron sink + $200 for additional undermount sink cutting + $400 for custom cutting of the cabinets to accommodate the sink.

Just a note - when we went in, they hadn't yet finalized what the standard plumbing fixtures would be for the kitchen and bathrooms. To the designer's credit, she didn't try to upsell us on the upgrades since she had no idea what the standard fixtures were going to be. We're now waiting to hear from her on that before we make our final decisions. So if you're going in for appointment this week, be prepared to have no information on what the standard plumbing fixtures are.

Finally, there is no customization allowed for light fixtures. You get what they install, and they don't have any pictures of what it's going to look like yet (likely because it hasn't been decided).

Did you receive a letter to book the appointment or did they just call you?
Also any idea as to which brand/model of appliances we can expect?

Did you receive a letter to book the appointment or did they just call you?
Also any idea as to which brand/model of appliances we can expect?

The designer was there when I dropped off my final deposit cheque, so I made the appointment with her directly. Apparently she's been calling everyone else to set up their appointments.

All the appliances were Whirlpool. There were three levels of upgrades that you could get above the standard stainless steel kitchen appliances included by the builder. I don't remember the exact models of the appliances, but I'm emailing the designer today to ask, so I'll see if I can get them for you.

The great thing about the appliances is that you could upgrade any one item individually - you didn't have to do it in a package. So, we chose to do the highest level fridge (it was the only one with a water dispenser), the second level microwave (more powerful fan), and the third level stove (slide-in glasstop).

The designer was there when I dropped off my final deposit cheque, so I made the appointment with her directly. Apparently she's been calling everyone else to set up their appointments.

All the appliances were Whirlpool. There were three levels of upgrades that you could get above the standard stainless steel kitchen appliances included by the builder. I don't remember the exact models of the appliances, but I'm emailing the designer today to ask, so I'll see if I can get them for you.

The great thing about the appliances is that you could upgrade any one item individually - you didn't have to do it in a package. So, we chose to do the highest level fridge (it was the only one with a water dispenser), the second level microwave (more powerful fan), and the third level stove (slide-in glasstop).

How much was the icemaker fridge?

Was a gas or induction stove available as on of the upgrades? Do you have the price range for the appliance upgrades?

How much was the icemaker fridge?

Were the upgrade prices for appliances reasonable?

Was a gas or induction stove available as on of the upgrades? Do you have the price range for the appliance upgrades?

The icemaker fridge was $1475.

Generally, the upgrade prices for the appliances were not bad. I would say it would be approximately $300 extra for each upgrade step. So, stove in package #2 was $530 (plus $300 for granite edging), stove in package #3 was $800 (plus $300 for granite) and so forth. The microwave in package #2 was $440, and each subsequent package stepped up by about $200.

The only model codes I was able to write down were for the stoves in package #2 and #3. They are both glasstop slide-in stoves. Stove #2 is Whirlpool model YWEE730H0DS. Stove #3 is Whirlpool model YWEE760H0DS.

There was a gas stove available as one of the options for certain units. I'm a P4, and apparently we couldn't upgrade to it - only certain units were eligible. It was in upgrade package #4, and the designer didn't bother telling me the price because we couldn't have it. Sorry! Unfortunately, there were no induction stove options.

Other upgrade costs that we paid:

Countertop in package #2 (granite): $2400 for a P4 kitchen. Quartz would have cost $3200
Kitchen cabinets in package #2: $2100 for a P4 kitchen
Bifold corner cabinet in the kitchen: $600
Upgraded kitchen cabinet pulls: $475
Deep upper fridge cabinets with gable: $1000
Undermount sink in kitchen: $400 + $200 for granite cutting

Blinds: $525 to ensure all patio / balcony doors are covered. These areas weren't covered in the 'free blinds' offer.
Mirror closet doors (cost per set): $200
Carpet: around $200 / area to upgrade
Cultured marble in the bathroom from package #2: $175 / vanity

I think those are the big ones that most people will likely be interested in. We didn't upgrade any of the tile in the bathrooms, though we did add a border to the shower for $700 (could choose any tile / stone, it would all be the same cost).

Let me know if anyone else has any other questions!

Thanks very much for the info. It's super helpful.
Do you recall whether there was any mention in offering paneling for the fridge or dishwasher (i.e. so that those appliances blend in with the cabinetry)?

The icemaker fridge was $1475.

Generally, the upgrade prices for the appliances were not bad. I would say it would be approximately $300 extra for each upgrade step. So, stove in package #2 was $530 (plus $300 for granite edging), stove in package #3 was $800 (plus $300 for granite) and so forth. The microwave in package #2 was $440, and each subsequent package stepped up by about $200.

The only model codes I was able to write down were for the stoves in package #2 and #3. They are both glasstop slide-in stoves. Stove #2 is Whirlpool model YWEE730H0DS. Stove #3 is Whirlpool model YWEE760H0DS.

There was a gas stove available as one of the options for certain units. I'm a P4, and apparently we couldn't upgrade to it - only certain units were eligible. It was in upgrade package #4, and the designer didn't bother telling me the price because we couldn't have it. Sorry! Unfortunately, there were no induction stove options.

Other upgrade costs that we paid:

Countertop in package #2 (granite): $2400 for a P4 kitchen. Quartz would have cost $3200
Kitchen cabinets in package #2: $2100 for a P4 kitchen
Bifold corner cabinet in the kitchen: $600
Upgraded kitchen cabinet pulls: $475
Deep upper fridge cabinets with gable: $1000
Undermount sink in kitchen: $400 + $200 for granite cutting

Blinds: $525 to ensure all patio / balcony doors are covered. These areas weren't covered in the 'free blinds' offer.
Mirror closet doors (cost per set): $200
Carpet: around $200 / area to upgrade
Cultured marble in the bathroom from package #2: $175 / vanity

I think those are the big ones that most people will likely be interested in. We didn't upgrade any of the tile in the bathrooms, though we did add a border to the shower for $700 (could choose any tile / stone, it would all be the same cost).

Let me know if anyone else has any other questions!

Thanks very much for the info. It's super helpful.
Do you recall whether there was any mention in offering paneling for the fridge or dishwasher (i.e. so that those appliances blend in with the cabinetry)?

Sadly, no offer of paneling for applîances. Just stainless steel appliance are available.

Did anyone else get their letter about the final tentative occupancy date? Ours got moved to July 27
:(

Sadly, no offer of paneling for applîances. Just stainless steel appliance are available.

Did anyone else get their letter about the final tentative occupancy date? Ours got moved to July 27
:(

Are you in one of the first two blocks north of Wallace or further north than that? I haven't gotten a letter yet.

IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG
IMG_2424.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 842
  • IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 848
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG