Toronto Wallace Emerson Community Centre & Park | ?m | 3s | Almadev | Perkins&Will

Taken 26 May.

IMG_2800.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg
IMG_2802.jpeg
IMG_2803.jpeg
IMG_2804.jpeg

Where was this confirmed? If it’s true it’s an absolute outrage. Do you have more details?
I talked to one of the supervisors at the current community centre. He confirmed that the new building will not have a weight room, but will have a large space that's not clearly programmed yet, so he felt that if enough people reach out to the local councilor, that there is plenty of room to spare to accommodate free weights and weight machines.

I'm astounded by this oversight. A brand new facility is being created from scratch, so the least it could do is to match the amenities currently available at the 40 year old community centre, yet it fails to do that. How is that possible? How could that have gotten past what I assume were multiple layers of approvals? There's no other CC in the immediate area, and this very site will see a massive influx of new residents, yet the quality of amenities will be reduced from what they are now?? In a brand new CC to boot??? This is exactly the kind of bureaucratic idiocy that produces frustration among residents. Unbelievable.

I talked to one of the supervisors at the current community centre. He confirmed that the new building will not have a weight room, but will have a large space that's not clearly programmed yet, so he felt that if enough people reach out to the local councilor, that there is plenty of room to spare to accommodate free weights and weight machines.

I'm astounded by this oversight. A brand new facility is being created from scratch, so the least it could do is to match the amenities currently available at the 40 year old community centre, yet it fails to do that. How is that possible? How could that have gotten past what I assume were multiple layers of approvals? There's no other CC in the immediate area, and this very site will see a massive influx of new residents, yet the quality of amenities will be reduced from what they are now?? In a brand new CC to boot??? This is exactly the kind of bureaucratic idiocy that produces frustration among residents. Unbelievable.
yeah that’s unreal if true. You’d think a weight room would be a non-negotiable. Presumably the new cc will be considered one of the A-tier facilities, but there’s no way it can qualify for that status without the most base building blocks of fitness. At least there’s this unprogrammed space that could house weights. I think as many people as possible need to write in to demand this.

When politicians become site managers... /sigh

Back