Toronto Vox Condominiums | 115.82m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

They are still working on this - looks like it has been reduced to 26 storeys.......from today's Daily Commercial News...

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING Proj: 9056246-9

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANNING
40 Wellesley St E, M4Y 1G4
$40,000,000 est

Note: Cons has completed preliminary design. Owner is seeking Municipal rezoning approvals. Arch expects to begin Working drawings when approvals are in place late Fall/early Winter, 2009. Schedules for Sub trade tender and construction are undetermined. Further update November, 2009.
Project: proposed const of a 26-storey glass-clad condo apartment building with commercial space at grade.
Scope: 200,000 square feet; 26 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 214 units; 1 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

From 44 stories to 29 and now a 26-storey glass-clad condo building, does that mean another regular looking glass box.:eek:

I like the fact that it isn't a big box of 'hulkness.' I hope it is just as sparkly as the rending when built.

I guess it's a condo no more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1G4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 216334 ZPU 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jul 9, 2010

Project: Non-Residential Building Other Proposal

Holy Hannah! I missed this when it was first posted. Could it be any uglier? I looks like the Calculon Tower!

I wonder what happened here?

40well1.jpg

calculon2.jpg

I think Wellesley between Yonge and Church is a great place for intensification, but I've always thought that 22, 40, and 46/50 are just too close together for three towers. I'd rather see a low-rise at 40 to give space between 22 and 46/50, or have the lots for 40 and 46/50 combined for one larger tower.

I think 22 is a good height for this street. 30 stories would be okay. Anything taller would seem out of place, but then again, there's a lot happening on Church now.

--

Vote for Toronto's very own Stephen Colbert Tower: http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/132

Revised proposal is for mixed-use building of 37 storeys and an east yard setback of 5.5 meters. Proposal will be considered at the Oct 10 TEYCC and an OMB pre-hearing conference is schedule on November 9th with a nine day hearing scheduled to begin on February 19th.

Thank goodness, I'd really like to see this and 46/50 Wellesley (PlazaCorp) site developed. 37s isn't bad, it's a fairly slim lot as opposed to 46/50 which is a very wide lot.

Thankfully that was only one of a few preliminary designs that property went through 3 or 4 years ago. When the height was refused a completely new design was presented, more similar to 22 Wellesley E. but with a step-back half way up and a skyward curved roof feature.

Thankfully that was only one of a few preliminary designs that property went through 3 or 4 years ago. When the height was refused a completely new design was presented, more similar to 22 Wellesley E. but with a step-back half way up and a skyward curved roof feature.

Hahaha, to many this is better:confused:....gee, no wonder we have so many boring looking buildings

22 Wellesley street east

Back