Toronto Via Bloor | 138.37m | 46s | Tridel | a—A

Is it just me, or are there way too many dentists now?

LOL, I don't think we have a glut of dentists in Ontario.

What we do have a shift from clinics in offices and the second floors of malls and the like to more storefront locations and mall storefronts as well.

This is also part of a shift to larger, shared practices which can operate extended hours vs traditional solo practices than tend to operate ~40 hours per week.

Here we go! Love the streetscape on Howard! Allée!

Howard is the next Ossington! 😜

Taken 2 June.

IMG_3074.jpeg

IMG_3075.jpeg
IMG_3076.jpeg
IMG_3078.jpeg
IMG_3081.jpeg
IMG_3082.jpeg
IMG_3083.jpeg
IMG_3084.jpeg

If Ossington consisted of a cafe and a dental office ... But at least you can indulge in Kava's sweet desserts knowing that a dentist is next door should your teeth rot.

At Kava enjoying the patio seating. Their cherry brownies are really good, although pricy at over $6 with tax and not a lot of cherries in it. Seems to be a family business run by Eastern Europeans, judging from their accent (I think Kava means coffee in some Slavic languages). Will definitely be back.

You gave us all a very thorough photo posting including some cuisine, TY.

But you may in your haste have omitted something........

What did you have, and how did it taste?

Very cool ethnic grocer with foods predominantly from across Asia. It's a shame they covered up all their glazing so you can't see inside. I suppose it has to do with the depth of the retail unit here. It don't think it's more than 7/8m deep

You're getting similar conditions to the Pusateris on Bay Street - very shallow unit where shelves with merchandise have to placed along the windows to allow for circulation

PXL_20240407_170130971.jpg

PXL_20240407_170123588.jpg

Very cool ethnic grocer with foods predominantly from across Asia. It's a shame they covered up all their glazing so you can't see inside. I suppose it has to do with the depth of the retail unit here. It don't think it's more than 7/8m deep

You're getting similar conditions to the Pusateris on Bay Street - very shallow unit where shelves with merchandise have to placed along the windows to allow for circulation

View attachment 569813

View attachment 569815
As much as I appreciate Wan being in the neighbourhood, I can’t say I felt it was anything to write home about. Walking in, it has absolutely zero charm and felt like any generic small grocery store out of the late 1980s. Every time I’ve been in, aisles have been impeded with boxes on boxes of stock to put on shelves; which to me screams understaffed.

At least the boxes in the aisles means they are turning over stock.
Large grocers do that at nighttime, so chances are, they are doing it during retail hours to minimize overtime/overworking by the staff (family run?).

Back