Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

Oct 1 2010 update

photos that I never got around to posting previously ~

IMG_5059.jpg

Saw it in person, really makes this area look so much better.

A comment not to be taken the wrong way:
We have a couple really great parks on the east side ... On Queen near St. James and around Allen gardens. Yet they don't feel downtown, I think this contributes to the feeling Toronto doesn't have great parks downtown. A couple problems: 1) They're a bit too far east I guess. 2) This is the part not to take the wrong way, depending on the time and the day, there can be more then an average # of homeless people in these two great parks ... that can definitely turn some people off rightlyfully or wrongfully, I should add they feel completely harmless though.

Another interesting, point, in typical Toronto fashion, isn't there a homeless sheltern just north *touching* this building. Again it doesn't feel scary or the like at all.

Last point. Sherbonre is a great street till about Queen or so! It's more build up then Jarvis at the moment, lots of new smaller condo building and these are really nice, the architecture very much fits into the area with lots of brick but the grass adds a lot of contract.

Jarvis is slowly becoming the same way, Church though suffers from some massive parking lots north of King.

Vu is such a great overall development, automatically improving the streetscape of the area. Aspen Ridge is an underrated developer in this city, quietly putting together an impressive portfolio of quality projects. If only the tower was at least 16 storeys taller, the view terminus along Adelaide is a bit lacking.

Last edited:
A bit? I can't immediately think of a bigger wasted opportunity in this last cycle.

I couldn't agree with you more. This complex is overwhelmingly dull. It's basically just a few decent boxes. At this location, it should have been a head-turner. (dare I say iconic) I would have loved to have seen a taller flatiron type building, with some nice curves. This location is one of the best in the city and it deserved so much more than this. Yep, another huge missed opprotunity. I'm getting sick of how many times this happens in Toronto.

I couldn't agree with you more. This complex is overwhelmingly dull. It's basically just a few decent boxes. At this location, it should have been a head-turner. (dare I say iconic) I would have loved to have seen a taller flatiron type building, with some nice curves. This location is one of the best in the city and it deserved so much more than this. Yep, another huge missed opprotunity. I'm getting sick of how many times this happens in Toronto.

I share your anger about this collosal waste of such an important opportunity. That dark, low-ceilinged corner walkway is hardly the inviting transparent corner that could easily have been achieved. What I just cannot figure out is why that was not taken into account. I don't think it would have cost any more to do a proper job here.

Those are some sick pics udo! more please :D
(meanwhile here's a comparatively crappy pic from a relatively crappy camera)

The Vu from afar;

6275425705_72651a4a3e_z.jpg

Back