Markham UnionCity | 147.7m | 44s | Metropia | Arcadis

As of Oct, Enterprise is reduced from 4 to 2 lanes, construction across from the York University parking lot.

Looks like they're building infrastructure, digging to install large pipes? connected to the pipes that were installed on Birchmont south of Enterprise a few weeks ago?

Or maybe it's another parking lot Unionville GO Station? Would be nice to be able to enter from Enterprise for the majority of people living on the west side of the GO tracks, vs travelling ALL the way to York > YCMA > Unionville GO.

As of Oct, Enterprise is reduced from 4 to 2 lanes, construction across from the York University parking lot.

Looks like they're building infrastructure, digging to install large pipes? connected to the pipes that were installed on Birchmont south of Enterprise a few weeks ago?

Or maybe it's another parking lot Unionville GO Station? Would be nice to be able to enter from Enterprise for the majority of people living on the west side of the GO tracks, vs travelling ALL the way to York > YCMA > Unionville GO.
They are indeed building infrastructure, most likely a water main and other needed utility. There is a massive hole in the middle of the road as well as a large hole in the berm just southwest of the railroad tracks.The south 2 lanes between University Blvd and Sciberras Rd has been closed, along with the south sidewalk. The problem here is pedestrians are forced to go to the north sidewalk, which ends at Scibberas Rd. Pedestrians and bicyclists can be seen being forced to walk/cycle on a large patch of grass which is full of holes, large rocks, and other debris. The road opens to 4 lanes after Sciberras, but it is quite a risk to cross there with no traffic light or anything until you reach Andre de Grasse St. I also saw people running in the opposite lanes of traffic with cars going 50km/h+ as the shoulder is not pleasant.
IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1098.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

They are indeed building infrastructure, most likely a water main and other needed utility. There is a massive hole in the middle of the road as well as a large hole in the berm just southwest of the railroad tracks.The south 2 lanes between University Blvd and Sciberras Rd has been closed, along with the south sidewalk. The problem here is pedestrians are forced to go to the north sidewalk, which ends at Scibberas Rd. Pedestrians and bicyclists can be seen being forced to walk/cycle on a large patch of grass which is full of holes, large rocks, and other debris. The road opens to 4 lanes after Sciberras, but it is quite a risk to cross there with no traffic light or anything until you reach Andre de Grasse St. I also saw people running in the opposite lanes of traffic with cars going 50km/h+ as the shoulder is not pleasant.
View attachment 512798View attachment 512799View attachment 512800
View attachment 512801
Update - They have created a asphalt sidewalk on the north side of Enterprise Blvd.
IMG_1432.jpg
IMG_1433.jpg
IMG_1434.jpg

'Official' groundbreaking here was April 10.

Obviously after work had really begun.

From the above, some brief discussion on phase 2 as well:

1713199792717.png

I have moved @Arvalan 's post from the UnionCity South thread as the equipment currently working is for this first phase. The greenfield in the foreground is where UnionCity south will be developed in the future (south of Enterprise).

I have moved @Arvalan 's post from the UnionCity South thread as the equipment currently working is for this first phase. The greenfield in the foreground is where UnionCity south will be developed in the future (south of Enterprise).
Sorry, but the image of the GFL equipment (the soil mound, 2 excavator and pickup truck) I was trying to show (second image shows it better) was actually south of Enterprise (I took this image on YMCA Blvd near the Unionville station bus loop entrance) which made me believe this was for UnionCity South.

Last edited:
Sorry, but the image of the GFL equipment (the soil mound, 2 excavator and pickup truck) I was trying to show (second image shows it better) was actually south of Enterprise (I took this image on YMCA Blvd near the Unionville station bus loop entrance) which made me believe this was for UnionCity South.

It looks like they're staging the soil from Union City North here.

1000010340.jpg

Some photos from today.

1000010338.jpg

1000010339.jpg

Back