Toronto Union Subway Station: Second Platform and Concourse Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC | IBI Group

We have "unmarked watermains?!?!?!"

"So how does the water get from here to there?"
I'd assume that they know the watermain exists, but it wasn't where they thought it is.

Though who knows, it could be some long forgotten stub to feed a building that burned down a century or so ago.

Some new pics of work happening on the North Platform (University/Spadina Northbound)

Test Panel West View
TestPanelWestView.jpg
[/IMG]

Test Panel East View
TestPanelEastView.jpg

Safety Rail
SafeyRail.jpg

Entire Platform Ceiling Signage Frame Work
Framework.jpg

very cool! wish they would do the platform edge signage at least for all the interchange stations. would make it much easier to know where you're supposed to be.

directionsigns.jpg

I posted in the Union Station thread by mistake, so apologies if you are seeing this again, but I noticed the other day that near the edge of the platform facing the south wall, there seem to be new pillars going in. Are these temporary or permanent?

A bit off topic, but what are they doing to the roof of Union?

Looks like they're preparing whatever is going underneath the eventual copper roof, which will be greened like the Parliament buildings in Ottawa, as the pictures suggest. If not copper then something else, but that blue stuff is just what goes under it.

Back