Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

It's really easy to be cynical about this project, since it hasn't been as "grand" as it could've been.
So I'm wondering... are they building this...
or not?
Also, does anyone know about the Great Hall restaurant? They used to have a website that promised a grand restaurant like in European train stations.
1621100516847.png

so this is the updated rendering for the Fresh Market, under the VIA Concourse Hall. (2019)

It's really easy to be cynical about this project, since it hasn't been as "grand" as it could've been.
So I'm wondering... are they building this...
or not?
Also, does anyone know about the Great Hall restaurant? They used to have a website that promised a grand restaurant like in European train stations.
Osmington are the Head Leasee and I checked their website, https://www.osmington.com/ It's 'coming soon" which is hardly a good sign. I bet any new restaurant will not happen until (if) we recover from covid.

Megabus is moving to the Union Station Bus Terminal.

Not surprising and long overdue. The Coach Terminal is far outdated and as others have said the proximity to the highway is a plus.

This reminds me alot of the two Victoria stations in London, UK. The railway station and the coach terminal are side by side sharing facilities to a certain extent. It works well there, people get off a train and transfer to a bus rather seamlessly.

I was passing through Union this morning and they have finally added the doors to half of the double entrance from the Bay moat going down the stairs to the area between Bay concourse and the TTC. Rather spiffy glass doors they are too. I assume the same doors will (or have been) added to the entrance from the York Moat going into the Front St west moat. It does all creep along but SOOOOO slowly!

Thanks! Personally, I like the pods but the uncovered ceiling is pretty disappointing... especially if you consider all the high-quality ceilings done by PARTISANS.

I was disappointed by the diffusers - they look more clunky than in the rendering - and I suspect passe in a few years time. It also seem to clash with the design vocab of the rest of the station.

AoD

Bay St. Concourse leading to Scotiabank Arena behind me. Hard to see here, but the fencing on the subway level is brand new…looks like they might be preparing a path leading through the future market to where the food court hoarding is today.

View attachment 323122

Those transit modal icons really don't work that well - they are too similar to be immediately distinguishable.

AoD

This spring, megabus will be moving its operations to the new Union Station Bus Terminal in downtown Toronto. Read on to get all the details and a preview of the first megabuses rolling into their new home.

This spring marks a milestone for transit riders in the GTA, as GO Transit and megabus move in together at the Union Station Bus Terminal (USBT).

Megabus will start doing test runs this month before officially making the big move to the new USBT on June 8. Megabus is the first major third-party carrier to move into the new downtown bus terminal.

With megabus trips operating out of the new bus terminal located on the northeast corner of Bay Street and Lake Shore Boulevard, travellers can look forward to more seamless connections within and beyond the GTHA right from Union Station.

Megabus trips will be displayed on all of the 68 departure boards across the terminal – which will direct customers to the relevant zone on the first or second level to board their bus.
Isn't this a big deal? Can something like this be added for TTC streetcars and subway or are they to frequent to be added?

This spring, megabus will be moving its operations to the new Union Station Bus Terminal in downtown Toronto. Read on to get all the details and a preview of the first megabuses rolling into their new home.

This spring marks a milestone for transit riders in the GTA, as GO Transit and megabus move in together at the Union Station Bus Terminal (USBT).

Megabus will start doing test runs this month before officially making the big move to the new USBT on June 8. Megabus is the first major third-party carrier to move into the new downtown bus terminal.

With megabus trips operating out of the new bus terminal located on the northeast corner of Bay Street and Lake Shore Boulevard, travellers can look forward to more seamless connections within and beyond the GTHA right from Union Station.
So what does that leave at the Coach Terminal still Operating? Just Ontario Northland?
If train service starts it’ll be a non brainer to run the bus out of Union.

Back