Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Seems to be changing almost daily. Maybe I'm being hopeful but maybe we'll see some part of this area open in the next 90 days. Even if it's just the Bay concourse, with the Bay retail area coming later, as they did on the York side. It would really help with passenger flows.

Seems to be changing almost daily. Maybe I'm being hopeful but maybe we'll see some part of this area open in the next 90 days. Even if it's just the Bay concourse, with the Bay retail area coming later, as they did on the York side. It would really help with passenger flows.
I would certainly not hold my breath for the Bay retail level opening soon or for seeing GO ticket counters etc in the Bay concourse BUT having it open as a pedestrian path - even if not in its final form - seems feasible in the fairly near future. I assume that they will soon move the tile laying crew into the Bay moat as they are making pretty good progress with finishing off the York one. Having this area (which links the Bay concourse to the TTC) tiled before it opens would be good, though not essential as they could keep on doing it in sections.

I noticed that 'they' have attached large white boards to the north wall of the 'tunnel' below the Front Street sidewalk - are these for adverts or is this Stage 1 of putting up the art work?

I never realised how crisp and airy this part of the station was until now. Compared to 10 years ago the passageway from arrivals into departures and the great hall is immaculate.

20191030_140528.jpg
20191030_140520.jpg

Our video on the major news of the Toronto City Council backing the Ontario Line plan and coverage of the equally big but easily missed news that Metrolinx is going to be re configuring Union Station in a big way for GO RER.

Question from a layperson like me:

If the platforms get reconfigured -- ie, fewer and wider platforms with relocated entry/exit points -- will the newly-rebuilt York and Bay concourses have to be rebuilt all over again?

Question from a layperson like me:

If the platforms get reconfigured -- ie, fewer and wider platforms with relocated entry/exit points -- will the newly-rebuilt York and Bay concourses have to be rebuilt all over again?

Not completely rebuilt - but if they want wider staircases and whatnot - they will need to rebuild some sections (create openings on the deck, whatnot)

AoD

Got off the Kitchener line 12:51 arrival today on platform 24, so I took some pictures of the Bay Concourse construction progress. These photos can be seen from the Scotiabank Arena entrance on the south side of the station. I'm assuming hopefully it opens up by the end of spring 2020?
20191030_125328.jpg
20191030_125227.jpg
20191030_125222.jpg
20191030_125206.jpg
20191030_125157.jpg

No end in sight for construction at Toronto’s Union Station as province issues RFQ for next phase of work

Back