Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Remember that arcade well, as well as the bars: Commuters, Choo's Choo's and there was one more on street level, I *think* near where the UPX terminal is now.

I've used Union on and off for various purposes since the late 80's, we forget it was a real dank, dismal place *far* before the renovation.

Remember that arcade well, as well as the bars: Commuters, Choo's Choo's and there was one more on street level, I *think* near where the UPX terminal is now.

I've used Union on and off for various purposes since the late 80's, we forget it was a real dank, dismal place *far* before the renovation.

I believe the Oak Room and later the York Pioneer restaurant are what you are thinking of both in the west wing.

Otherwise the Skywalk Galleria had shops including a hokey pizza shop.

My train dropped me off on platform 24 oday so I took this picture looking north from just west of the bay teamway

20191022_154904.jpg

I believe the Oak Room and later the York Pioneer restaurant are what you are thinking of both in the west wing.

Otherwise the Skywalk Galleria had shops including a hokey pizza shop.

Was York Pioneer what became Steak and Burger? Or what became of it? I know that chain was in there for a bit; I remember eating there in my early teens.

Nice to see Bay almost ready to open!

I hope they sealed up the leaks in the ceiling much better than they did for York. Hopefully the ceiling covers doesn't rust this winter.

They will have to replace a few York Concourse rusted drop-ceiling covers.

Fortunately, they've re-sealed a lot of the platform levels leaks, in their platform rebuilds, so hopefully Bay won't have the the leakage issue they had at York.

Back