Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Unless a GO station is in York Region, Metrolinx will go as cheap as possible. I too would have liked covered platforms here.
This is going to sound insane but the removal of covered platforms was to leave flexibility for freight movements through Union. Yes, it doesn’t happen any more, nor would it during GO operating hours in the future with the coming increased frequency. One freight railway did try to get MX to allow it during nights within the past two years however (this is second hand info).

This is going to sound insane but the removal of covered platforms was to leave flexibility for freight movements through Union. Yes, it doesn’t happen any more, nor would it during GO operating hours in the future with the coming increased frequency. One freight railway did try to get MX to allow it during nights within the past two years however (this is second hand info).
It's incase there's a derailment, or some kind of blockage/ protest on the York sub. CN can avoid the York sub by staying on Lakeshore, diverting through Union via platforms 26 or 27, and then make their way up the Barrie line to get to the MAC yard and the Brampton Intermodal facility.

One freight railway did try to get MX to allow it during nights within the past two years however (this is second hand info).
This could be a bargaining chip for MX.

"If you want to shortcut through Union at night, let us run a few more trains on the (Milton/ RH) line during the day."

This could be a bargaining chip for MX.

"If you want to shortcut through Union at night, let us run a few more trains on the (Milton/ RH) line during the day."

As with anything Milton-related, I'll believe it when I see it. It's been decades without any major progress.

As with anything Milton-related, I'll believe it when I see it. It's been decades without any major progress.

It's extremely silly how neglected Milton line is for decades. The answer is always that the line is not owned by GO. Well then how do we change that! This line is literally going from Toronto to it's biggest suburb of Mississauga and continuing on to the fastest growing suburb of Milton.

$6 billion announced with zero plan or motivation.

It's extremely silly how neglected Milton line is for decades. The answer is always that the line is not owned by GO. Well then how do we change that!

CP is not selling its mainline outright. At least not unless we're building them a new one, and its at least as convenient to them and doesn't cost them any customers.

$6 billion announced with zero plan or motivation.

Ummmm; there's a plan. How motivated the government is to deliver it in the near term, I cannot speak to....

Back