Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I agree that there are a lot of "final touches" that need to be done to Union Station (and I suspect Union will never really be "done"), but oh boy - I was walking around it a fair bit last week - it is soooooo much better than it was a few years ago. It is so much easier to get around. Like, walking from CIBC square to the bus station through to Union, to the market area, and up to the subway station and then along to the PATH - you don't have to navigate endless hoardings and weird detours. It's a very enjoyable space to be in!

I agree that there are a lot of "final touches" that need to be done to Union Station (and I suspect Union will never really be "done"), but oh boy - I was walking around it a fair bit last week - it is soooooo much better than it was a few years ago. It is so much easier to get around. Like, walking from CIBC square to the bus station through to Union, to the market area, and up to the subway station and then along to the PATH - you don't have to navigate endless hoardings and weird detours. It's a very enjoyable space to be in!
Yes, we should not forget that it IS much better but I remain mystified why the ceilings below the Great Hall remain unfinished, why the lighting and floors of the Great Hall are not done and (though it's not really part of Union Station) why we STILL have concrete barriers outside 3+ years after the knee-jerk reaction o the Yonge Street car massacre saw them installed. Sometimes Toronto REALLY pisses me off!

EDIT; We are also still waiting for the art work in the 'passageway' under the (still closed) Plaza that celebrates the Walks & Gardens Trust. Last report I had was 'we hope to install in 2023' but I gather the electronics are now obsolete so alternatives are being sought through the (Belgian) artists. See: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ty-of-toronto-norr.4308/page-661#post-1945560 This art piece was selected by public competition in 2013 (Yes, a DECADE AGO) and was supposedly 'ready for installation in 2018.

Last edited:
Union is absolutely beautiful at night, they really did well with the lighting on the heritage structure
IMG_6788.jpeg

Arabica is now open at Union Station.

The empty version:

View attachment 495127

The non-empty version:

View attachment 495128

Images above, and many more, go with this article from @Retail-Insider

Being the Influencer that you are, I just knew you would be there for their 'by invitation only' opening yesterday! I was outside with the plebs.

Arabica is now open at Union Station.

The empty version:

View attachment 495127

The non-empty version:

View attachment 495128

Images above, and many more, go with this article from @Retail-Insider

I saw a TikTok on this and it looks like there was big crowd for the opening.

Back