Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the hoarding and tarps are down between the Great Hall and VIA Concourse, beautiful natural light now flooding the passageway once again through the exposed class ceiling!

At first I thought they put up some temporary construction lighting... As I walked up I realized it was just natural sunlight!

large.jpg

Reactions: DSC
Not sure if this has been posted yet but the hoarding and tarps are down between the Great Hall and VIA Concourse, beautiful natural light now flooding the passageway once again through the exposed class ceiling!

Okay, that really threw me off the other day. Thought they had some super bright lighting installed, but nope, actual sunlight! No idea that glass ceiling existed, what an improvement.

Okay, that really threw me off the other day. Thought they had some super bright lighting installed, but nope, actual sunlight! No idea that glass ceiling existed, what an improvement.
Yes, amazing improvement - the work @ Union has gone on for so long now it is hard to remember what was there before but I think the skylight (like the one in the west 'extension' of the Great Hall ) was covered over for quite a while. Yes?

Yes, amazing improvement - the work @ Union has gone on for so long now it is hard to remember what was there before but I think the skylight (like the one in the west 'extension' of the Great Hall ) was covered over for quite a while. Yes?
Judging by the aerial photos above, it looks like the skylight has been covered since at least 2011.

Amazing to see how much work has been done on the roof of Union too; all brand new HVAC. And yeeeeeeeesh, what a sorry state the train shed roof was in.

Judging by the aerial photos above, it looks like the skylight has been covered since at least 2011.

Amazing to see how much work has been done on the roof of Union too; all brand new HVAC. And yeeeeeeeesh, what a sorry state the train shed roof was in.

I can't tell if the roof was covered before that in 2009, or if it was broken. 2005 is too grainy to make anything out.

A look at the broader shed from 2009 to 2018.

Today they were busily installing new windows between the 'walkway' in (the mezzanine of) the east Front Moat and the Bay Concourse. They have erected a scaffolding platform at the base of the temporary inside metal stairs so they can work on the dropped ceiling, the north wall of the Bay Concourse and the windows without killing civilians below! Things ARE moving on, slowly.

Today they were busily installing new windows between the 'walkway' in (the mezzanine of) the east Front Moat and the Bay Concourse. They have erected a scaffolding platform at the base of the temporary inside metal stairs so they can work on the dropped ceiling, the north wall of the Bay Concourse and the windows without killing civilians below! Things ARE moving on, slowly.

I noticed the same thing when I was at Union today. Here are the pictures I took.

Back