Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Walking through the west side of the York concourse this morning and noticed the ceiling was missing. What the hell happened?!?!?!

20181101_062746.jpg
20181101_062737.jpg

Attachments

• 20181101_062746.jpg
    20181101_062746.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 642
  • 20181101_062737.jpg
    20181101_062737.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 648
Walking through the west side of the York concourse this morning and noticed the ceiling was missing. What the hell happened?!?!?!
It's a new exhibit sponsored by OCAD called "The space above, consciousness of expanding places" and it attempts to depict the complexities of modern life through physical infrastructure.

I must say I am impressed with how well they've captured the physicality of our existence. One could almost believe it's fully functional.

The yellow tape is a nice addition. 'Caution passengers; don't grow super tall and poke your head in the ceiling.'
I stared at that for a good minute, finally deciding it's being used to trace an existing feed, or where one should go. I was looking for "Danger, Stand Back" on it, but couldn't read the print. First thought was that it was being used as a fish (hilarity there too) but it's knotted to the ceiling support members.

Just taking a more intent look at the pic now, I see a lot of unconnected conduit, and some conduit with yellow tape flow direction markers on them. I suspect heating/cooling infrastructure is still being connected there too. A little surprised that more raceway wasn't used to bundle it, and also allow easier fishing for later terminal installations.

Last edited:

Back