Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Based on those photos, I'm starting to doubt the Bay Concourse will be open this fall.
The most recent City update report (GM Committee May 2017) stated:

" Bay Concourse/Retail: Excavation 95% complete; Structural column replacements almost completed; 50% of new Bay Concourse suspended slab completed; 30% of slab on grade completed." and
"Substantial Completion of Stage 2/3 currently expected in February 2018 (excluding York and Bay Street moat covers; mid 2018), which includes the restoration of the Bay Concourse, VIA Concourse, Great Hall, remaining retail areas and East Wing exterior façade. This will trigger the turnover of the Bay Concourse to Metrolinx for final fixturing. After this time, the City will have no control of the actual timing of the opening of the Bay Concourse to the public."

In January 2018 the Budget Committee was told"

" Bay Concourse/Retail: Excavation 100% complete; Structural column replacements completed; 100% of new Bay Concourse suspended slab completed; 80% of slab on grade completed." and
".... these modifications will result in a delay to the completion of the USRP by between 8 to 12 months, with a revised estimated completion of late 2018. These schedule impacts will be more certain once a definite schedule is received and committed to by Metrolinx."

From this I would say that the Bay concourse will be handed over to Metrolinx 'for final fixturing" in mid-summer 2018 and will thus probably NOT open until spring 2019.

Does anyone know hows the Bay and York Moats are going to work? Will the glass roof go all the way to the rail corridor, with concrete/metal/glass walls along the streets where there currently are none?

Does anyone know hows the Bay and York Moats are going to work? Will the glass roof go all the way to the rail corridor, with concrete/metal/glass walls along the streets where there currently are none?
This has been answered before but the covered areas WILL go down the east and west sides of the building to the teamway entrances but they will have open sides. The only completely 'indoors' parts will be the actual moats.

This has been answered before but the covered areas WILL go down the east and west sides of the building to the teamway entrances but they will have open sides. The only completely 'indoors' parts will be the actual moats.
Thanks for the answer, but are there any documents or renders that show this?

For those concerned about completion of the bay concourse i recommend you go back to ~2015 when the york concourse was coming/came online. See bare and incomplete it looked and everyone bleeting i would never open in time. ~4 months later it opens.

I expect some portion, if not all of the bay concourse opens sometime in jul/aug

My comment was not about the shed, but the new glass coverings on the Moat. As such, I think it belongs in this thread.

Back