Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

...they consistently make the York promenade stink of microwaved eggs in the morning.

You're saying Tim's is serving food at certain times? (Er, "food".)

Noticed yesterday there was nothing in the front display (which is still weird).

But I found sandwiches at Railroad Coffee (organic, $8) so it's finally more than drinks and pastries in Union.

Will be interesting to see if/when they get retailers that are not simply food vendors....this has the potential to just be a very large food court.
Yes, I thought the plan was for a 'destination'; though food courts are useful and having some food at Union is sensible I had hoped (and still hope) for some actual shops.
Pretty much the entire York and Centre groups of retailers will be food oriented. That's been on the diagrams for quite a while now.

Other retailers will be grouped on the Bay Street side, the first of which to be confirmed is Loding, a French men's shoe, shirt, and tie shop. (There are a couple of exceptions to the all-food retailing in the York and Centre areas, so Loding may be one of the exceptions.)

Is the new temp ramp across the Moat still blocked off?
Must have been a hella bottleneck this week...

Is the new temp ramp across the Moat still blocked off?
Must have been a hella bottleneck this week...

I thought the same thing when I saw that it was blocked off on Friday evening. I was hoping that it was blocked off to be disassembled, but I walked by about an hour ago and it was back open.

I thought the same thing when I saw that it was blocked off on Friday evening. I was hoping that it was blocked off to be disassembled, but I walked by about an hour ago and it was back open.

If we are thinking of the same thing, that door was closed on Thursday at 6pm due to a safety issue. -- The overhead motor box that powers the accessible door-opening-mechanism was damaged. The swing arm was hanging free from the door and at risk of injuring people's heads and the motor box itself appeared to have almost completely disconnected from the transom and was at risk of falling on somebody.

Kudos to Union security for responding to this hazard very quickly!

I guess we will see shortly why it is necessary to close the northeast entrance to the Great Hall as of today, presumably related to the upcoming Christmas Market...

I guess we will see shortly why it is necessary to close the northeast entrance to the Great Hall as of today, presumably related to the upcoming Christmas Market...

I was speaking with Union security last night re: the phrasing of the sign "This area will be closed from [date] to [date]." He informed me that the area it is actually referring to is the closure of the North-East stairwell from the Great Hall to Concourse levels. He said there will not be any closure of the Hall, it is limited to that specific set of stairs. When asked why he simply said "construction".

I presume this is related to demolition in the area/underneath the stairs. I expect to see a shift in the hoardings on concourse level but then again I am not 100% sure of anything anymore...

Back