Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

International Newstand and Booster Juice is "supposed" to be open by the end of the year. McCafe is said to be open early next April. Starbucks on the NorthWest corner of the York Concourse is also set to open by year's end, but Railroad Coffee is temporarily set up there for specialty Coffee which opened on Friday. The first RailRoad coffee stand already there in front of the Go Ticket Sellers will continue to serve coffee and treats only.

Seriously, it's going to take that long to get a McDonald's in there??

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2015/10/photo-day-great-hall

18062-60459.png

So no LEDs I guess? If they will rely on incandescent bulbs, hope they will provide enough.

I would assume that heritage lighting refers more to the fixtures and visible styling of the lights themselves, and not causing damage to heritage features in the process of replacing/upgrading lights, as opposed to the actual type of lights used. Of course I'm sure that the lights need to be of a certain brightness and colour temperature to retain the look of the great hall roughly as-is while still providing good lighting and being energy-efficient, but LEDs come in a wide range of bulb types, brightnesses, and colour temperatures. I can't think of any reason, even under 'heritage lighting', to omit LEDs provided they choose proper ones.

"Autocorrect". One can choose to change the dictionary from "United States" to "United Kingdom", but nothing for "Canada English". However, you should be able to "add" "Yonge" to the dictionary.
I haven't had a problem finding a Canada English dictionary for years.

However, that has nothing to do with spelling a street name wrong, that isn't in any dictionary. That's just shear ignorance. And it's not the only spelling mistake in there.

I would assume that heritage lighting refers more to the fixtures and visible styling of the lights themselves, and not causing damage to heritage features in the process of replacing/upgrading lights, as opposed to the actual type of lights used. Of course I'm sure that the lights need to be of a certain brightness and colour temperature to retain the look of the great hall roughly as-is while still providing good lighting and being energy-efficient, but LEDs come in a wide range of bulb types, brightnesses, and colour temperatures. I can't think of any reason, even under 'heritage lighting', to omit LEDs provided they choose proper ones.

And frankly, given the relative inaccessibility of the lights, they'd be foolish not to put in LEDs so that maintenance costs are reduced.

Is incandescent even an option for heritage buildings? You or I are unable to buy them any more, by law - but are there exceptions?

Back