Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

The Toronto Pearson Viscount Station - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Pearson_Viscount_Station on the Link cablecar.
I learn something new every day. That being said, perhaps a little more elaboration such as "Long Term Parking" would help. That would be how almost every other airport in the world would make this sign.

I believe when your flight is flown on a Vickers Viscount you would take the train to Viscount to board your flight.
I was quite hoping to meet a member of the nobility with the nowadays rarely used title.

I learn something new every day. That being said, perhaps a little more elaboration such as "Long Term Parking" would help. That would be how almost every other airport in the world would make this sign.
It's not just long-term parking though. It's also employee parking and a hotel. More critically for signage, it's there the MiWay buses that serve the airport go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fastest way to Square One to take the train to Viscount station and transfer to the MiWay 107 express along the Transitway?

It's not just long-term parking though. It's also employee parking and a hotel. More critically for signage, it's there the MiWay buses that serve the airport go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fastest way to Square One to take the train to Viscount station and transfer to the MiWay 107 express along the Transitway?
Another case of poor signage for transit. Yes the quickest way to/from Sq One. MT doesn't have timetable posted for any route there at all.

Well, the Miway 7 stops right at Terminal 1, while the Express serves Viscount. Arguably you'd save time just getting the 7 in the T1 basement rather than riding the Viscount Express to look for 107. (Where the logic is in having the Express stop in an outhub while the local comes right to the door, I just don't get.)

There is no signage that I know of in T1 that tells the traveller that MiWay also stops at Viscount. I recently grumbled in the Wayfinding thread about the poor quality of MiWay wayfinding in T1, but I was told there that buses are for sissies, not real air travellers. I'm still of my same view.

- Paul

Well, the Miway 7 stops right at Terminal 1, while the Express serves Viscount. Arguably you'd save time just getting the 7 in the T1 basement rather than riding the Viscount Express to look for 107. (Where the logic is in having the Express stop in an outhub while the local comes right to the door, I just don't get.)

Quite simple, the link train gets you to Viscount very quickly and by being away from the terminal building the express bus gets on its way much faster (doesn't have to navigate the network of airport roads).....others have pointed out, it is the fastest way by transit to SQ1 ....so it must be working.

Had to take someone to the airport this afternoon. The 107 trip from Sq One to Dixie was done in 5 minute since the driver never lower his speed in the station area and no one to pickup at 4:30 pm. He was above the speed limit as well. Was at Terminal 1 departure level in 50 minutes that included a 3:30 minute wait for the link.

Saw some of the members of various Pan Am teams heading home on Air Canada flights and couldn't tell which country they were from.

Coming home at 6 pm was a different story as I had to wait more than 15 minute for the 107, took over 10 minutes to turn onto Renforth due to line jumpers and gridlock traffic. Was behind a 7 at the turn but close to 40 cars away once we got onto Renforth. Total trip from Terminal 1 to Sq One 100 minutes. From Dixie to Sq One was 10 minutes as we had to make 3 stops and driver drove slow in the station area.

I saw a sign among the other signs saying "TRAINS' only, but no direction to them. Signs for Transit is non existing.

I saw 15 people get off the train while waiting for my Link train and counted 25 on an outbound around 5:45 pm. Saw something new today for makeup and waiting for the day to see a C-C train. A-B, C-A, A-C, First time I have seen the C car on both direction trains at the same time and were passing each other on the elevated section.

The other thing I noticed while waiting for the 107, trains heading to Pearson almost come to a stop at Airport Rd and do about 10 km to the station from that point.

Last edited:
I'd think so. Shame they didn't mention that the train also goes to Terminal 3.

Indeed, their obsession with labelling T3 as 'Gates A B C' is idiotic and unintuitive. There's a stand in the LINK stations that lists the airlines for Terminals 1 and 3, and this information is pretty easily found if you're meeting someone who's arriving on a flight...a gate number, however, is not usually something you can find if, say, you're meeting someone. It should ideally say Terminal 3 *and* have gates A B C labelled. No idea why this is so tough for them to figure out.

Had a look at Bloor Station on my way in today and it has less than a month to open the centre platform up. It has a fair number of screens on the platform that a welcome site to see.

Installing the elevator for the east platform and it could almost open at the same time as the centre one. I expect both will happen at the same time as it would allow UPX to stay on their current track even though they keep changing direction of the trains on them. West was on 2 while east on 3 today opposite to last week.

Mostly A-B (A-A) that I saw while there, but did see an A-C at Union later in the day.

Clock not working at UP Union Station.

GO enforcer on bikes are patrolling the railpath due to complaints about tagging. The Wall panels at the Bloor Station as well to the south of it are tag. The enforcers said they caught 4 taggers in the last week with 2 being girls.

When the east platform goes into service, temporarily wood ramp has been built by the stairs. Once that is open, then rest of the platform can be built to support 12 cars.

May have photos up before I go away Friday.

The rail personnel was telling us they are telling one or more riders a day not to cross the tracks to get to UP platforms.

Most the hording is now down with fencing in its place.

From the looks of the new east platform, a fair chunk of the railpath is going to be relocated or reduce in width after the sound wall goes up.

From the looks of the new east platform, a fair chunk of the railpath is going to be relocated or reduce in width after the sound wall goes up.

I'm hoping The Project does a better job of sensitizing the Community to this. Shaving a slice of the Path has always been a part of the GTS plan, but many who enjoy the Bike path may be caught by surprise. The Bike Path is a West Toronto success story, and taking any of it away will not sit well. Getting ahead of this is better than putting out the fires afterwards.

- Paul

I'm hoping The Project does a better job of sensitizing the Community to this. Shaving a slice of the Path has always been a part of the GTS plan, but many who enjoy the Bike path may be caught by surprise. The Bike Path is a West Toronto success story, and taking any of it away will not sit well. Getting ahead of this is better than putting out the fires afterwards.

- Paul

There is still enough land to the east of the vast majority of the Railpath to allow it to maintain its existing width. The only narrow point that I can recall is from the north side of Bloor to Randolph - the path will remain the same width, but will be squeezed against the side of the building.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Do we consider the walkable/rideable service the "railpath" or also any buffer zones/landscaping adjacent to the railpath, as the "railpath"?

The walkable surface won't become narrower, but the buffer zone/landscaping would disappear for a short section where there's the new Bloor buildings.

If I'm understanding correctly.

July 15 More up on site

Also, keep in mind there has to be a new entrance from the path once track 1 goes in as well.

In fact at one time there was talk that there would be 2 underground tunnels under the corridor to get to one aide of the corridor to the other . Looks like the north one has disappears from the plans.

As for cutting and moving the path was in the EA.
19746854675_190f622901_b.jpg

19560233129_013bb676ac_b.jpg

19751536231_673aa1e070_b.jpg

19125958753_d05f6ae4bd_b.jpg

19125970763_7f24a1d7c6_b.jpg

19124312774_3819459858_b.jpg

19558877870_6c58283492_b.jpg

19560309849_90ce0b9968_b.jpg

Back