Toronto Union Park | 303.26m | 58s | Oxford Properties | Pelli Clarke Pelli

Similarities?? This thing is detailed like RBC Waterpark Place.

Tell me, does this render:

123-png.191830

Look like this:

Guardian-SunGuard-AG-50-Salesforce-Tower-front.jpg

Or this:

rbc-waterpark-place_roberto-portolese1.jpg

I know what I see..

Eighth Avenue Place in Calgary immediately popped into my head upon seeing that rendering.

The heights are dizzying. The towers aren't boxes. The decked park is great. However, I find the towers' cramped together and not a very friendly scale overall. I can envision Front Street as a giant massive wall of glass.

Definitely agree- I find the project a bit too cramped- I would rather push the floor space into two larger and more widely spaced towers.

Also think there should be an outdoor mid-block public connection to the park, as having more entryways to the park will ensure its success.

So only the cool part of the convention centre is being demoed? I'd prefer one International Finance Centre or a Salesforce Tower than two swooshy Eurasian petro-scrapers, but that's just me.

Wow! I can't believe what I am seeing now. This complex will be so beautiful and so stunning for Toronto. However, I am disappointed to learn that this iconic project will not break ground before 2023.The city needs Union Park now! I am so proud to see such a beauty as a Canadian in my own country. ☺️??

Of course, maybe the City and Rogers will come to their senses and design/build a 35-40,000 seat baseball-only modern home for the Jays and implode the Rogers Centre at some point over the next 10 years. When City politicians and big money got serious about a domed stadium (at the rain-soaked 1982 Grey Cup Game at Exhibition Stadium), we were just headed into the excess of the 1980's. Skydome was the "big hair" of 1980's North American sports stadium. Imagine THAT piece of land being prime for commercial development!

The city and province's finances are in shambles. The last thing they should be contributing to is a new ball park that will depreciates 50% in value before it is even open. There's no sense for Rogers either. The costs of finding a new site, building a ball park and, demolishing the dome will be far more than what the dome's property is worth.

So only the cool part of the convention centre is being demoed? I'd prefer one International Finance Centre or a Salesforce Tower than two swooshy Eurasian petro-scrapers, but that's just me.

The convention centre is not being touched. This is the site of the former RBC data centre

Similarities?? This thing is detailed like RBC Waterpark Place.

The fins, metal clad columns, light stonework in the interior and clear podium glass mainly, some Pelli staples. I'd say they both have similarities to the proposal - neither of us is more right, just differing opinions.

From what little there is available to be seen, I am not that impressed by the landscape design - it felt like period "going through the motion" (gazebo - check; lawn - check; etc.)

AoD

From what little there is available to be seen, I am not that impressed by the landscape design - it felt like period "going through the motion" (gazebo - check; lawn - check; etc.)

AoD

The Toronto sign retread is LAZY AF (pardon my french). Correct me if I’m wrong, Rail Deck Park as originally envisioned goes east of Spadina to Blue Jays Way (someone up thread) was concerned about a gap?

Now if only we can get final renderings for Mirvish+Gehry.

2020's will be an iconic decade for Skyscraper construction in Toronto. CIBC Square, 160 Front, Union Park, Commerce Court 3, Mirvish+Gehry, The One, The Hub, One Yonge Street Development, YSL and potential Metro Convention Center Redevelopment Towers.

I personally love these towers, they are curvy and striking to the eye. Very unique and will certainly stand out if they end up being built like shown.

Back